MisShift

May 11, 2001
FMF Torque pipe

Here's an easy one....I just bought this pipe. Everything on my bike is stock, except for missing air box lid...not by mistake. SO... what do I have to jet my bike to? 98 KDX 220r

Thanks ya'll....

Last edited:

jeff joy

May 14, 2001
I have the same pipe on a 99 200 and never re-jetted the bike.Seems to run fine with stock jetting but I will say that I'm just a bit lazy.:)

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
I have the same setup with stock jetting. My bike runs perfect, it's pulls strong with no hesitation anywhere. I hate to mess with it when it runs so good but I am still going to lean it out. Hopefully it will keep the kips clean and troublefree for longer. Might also get rid of some of the black spooge that gets all over my back fender.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Regarding the basic idea of, 'My bike runs just fine, and I've never rejetted it.'

OK.

But your missing out on a whole lotta bike!

Like bobby said regarding the RB carb mod...don't do it if you think the KDX in stock trim makes all the power you need.

Whatever floats your particular boat, but 'that black spooge..' all over the back does NOT contribute to power output.

BRush's included URL is a great place to start getting to the power that is LURKing in that green scooter.

If you think your bike is running 'just fine' (in stock trim..never having rejetted it), DON'T make any bets with BRush if you ever meet up with him on a ride. :o

MisShift

May 11, 2001
Yeah, canyncarvr...I agree. I just got the pipe today and I'm gonna put it on right now and see how it runs without jetting. THEN, I'm going to put on a main jet of 45-48 which is recommended for that particular pipe per Canadian Dave's advice columns. Well see how it works out...thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisShift

May 11, 2001
AYE CARAUMBA!!!! Didn't expect that it would lift front tire in 3rd gear!!!!
Wow...thats an improvement..so much so that I'm gonna ride it for a while to get used to it b-4 re-jetting the mains. KILLLER!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
KDXMM823,
You dont HAVE to do anything to your bike! But...please read above posts
from canyncarvr and BRush and at least have a look at what there talking about. Your bike will get nothing but better!! In my situation, my bike ran
much better after leaning the jetting from stock! The stock kdx is not even close. Summer time only makes it worse.
Not trying to lecture, just hate to see you miss out on something I know you will like. If after reading you still dont want to try it, hey its your bike and if its fine for you, I'm cool with that. :cool:
Steve

KDXMM823

Jul 3, 2001
understand

I understand what you are saying, It is just the lack of time I have against me. Took all winter to just get the pipe on, and clean the bike. I wish each day was 30 hours long and I only needed 2 hours of sleep instead of the 5 I get now. Will get to it someday !

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The stock KDX220 jetting with a rev pipe installed is often times very close and is a good starting point. You'll likely want to move the jet needle's clip to the second from the top position ( #2 ) and take it from there.

David

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Canadian Dave
The stock KDX220 jetting with a rev pipe installed is often times very close and is a good starting point. You'll likely want to move the jet needle's clip to the second from the top position ( #2 ) and take it from there.

David

I agree with David along with the airbox mod and rev pipe, it runs pretty good with 145/42/needle in 2nd and A/S fine tuned.

Top Bottom