FMF Gold Series Fatty W/ Pro Circuit Muffler

vtkdx

Mar 29, 2009
So I finally put on my pipe and muffler last night. The bike in no joke has double the power. I didn't have time because of light to try it out for too long, but now 4th gear has no problem wheeling, and today we'll see about 5th! Finally I have the bike that I'd been hearing about. To anyone who has been wondering some easy steps to getting their KDX to where it needs to be, do these not so simple, but well worth it procedures. Tear down the top half. Clean entire top half and hone out cylinder. Take KIPS valve out and over haul that. Buy new piston and rings. (Wiseco in my opinion) New gasket kit. (Cometic in my opinion) And new reeds should they need it. (My'n were like new, but I'm sure V-Force would have made a difference too) Air box mod that I found on here. Finally, I put an FMF Gold Series Fatty on it, riding along with a Pro Circuit Factory Sound Muffler. Together they aren't much louder than stock if any at idle, but when you're on the gun, it's just a more throatier sound than stock, but no really much louder. So tonight I need to put a 160 main in it and she's good. I'm running 93 oct. and Blu-Ray oil in it just in case people are wondering. It's a completely different bike compared to a month ago, where there was spooge spitting out and the bike would never "clear up". Thanks to JustKDX and all the members for all the help! Glad to be riding green baby! :ride:

Maddog355

Mar 29, 2009
Cool.

Glad to hear it made such a diffrence, My 88 has a fatty with a old DG silencer. I have not even heard it run yet :( . Hopefully the parts I am waiting on will arrive tomarrow and I can finally ride the thing. Sounds like I won't be dissapointed :cool: .

vtkdx

Mar 29, 2009
No definitely not. If the silencer is a bit old it may be a good idea to repack it. Even as hard as I have been riding mine it's STILL a two "smoke" Haha, naturally spooge is gonna build no matter what.

Top Bottom