fmf pipe for2003 kx250, what came with it?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i heard that fmf includes some sort of gadget to go with the pipes they sell for the 03 kx250.. what exactly came with it? was it a powervalve cover spacer like the item boysen sells for honda cr's?

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
No it is a small shim that goes on the powervalve arm inside the case. You must pull the whole clutch side case off to get to the mechanism, they claim it created more tension on the powervalve, resulting in more lowend snap. I know the pipe and shim combo did help mine, suposedly one one the best bolt on mods for the 03.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
are you pretty happy with your 03 kx250? the magazine have everyone thinking they are total junk engines with major errors in the power band,, have you ever rode a 99 model for comparison? I had a 99 and thought it was a good engine, needed a lower gearing, and maybe a rev pipe though. kinda like what they said about the 03...

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I am happy with it, it is the first Kawasaki I have ever owned. I have rode a couple of other KX's the motors for the last 10 years or so have been a very similar design so I think many of them run similar. The handling and suspention is very good, which I feel is the most important. I also have a CRF450 which is very powerful and fun to ride, but I feel as if I can ride the KX just as fast. It is really mostly about the rider, I have tried many things and have had to learn that the hard way. There are some super good deals on 03's right now and I think that you or any one will be happy with just a few minor changes to it.

Jersey420

Apr 24, 2003
I agree, F the magazines, they said the same things about the 02, but low and mid power is the ****. A fatty pipe and silencer cleaned up the band more, smoke my friends left and right!

Top Bottom