Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Father thinks that his KX 125 is way too loud and that all the neighbors will be complaining when he takes it out. I showed him the FMF racing website and showed him the FMF Q silencer. He and I both agreed it was a good idea to put on his KX 125 (and also a kx 100 to quiet them both up quite a bit)

Does anyone have any personal experience with the FMF Q muffler, and any opinions on it? Does it really produce a significant loss in sound to make it worth purchasing? And will it take away from any of the bikes power or gain any?

Thanks in advance, I appriciate any input :)

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
Tiylu,

I put a FMF Q on my 2003 KX-250 and it quiets it down quite a bit, almost as quiet as a KDX - 200. It smoothed the power out on the KX-250 and made it easier to use, as though it gave it more low / mid end power.

Weld it

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Going from the sound of a KX250 to a KDX200 is like night and day. I would like to be able to quiet my bike down a bit (sometimes and easily, also a spark arrestor would be nice for some situations). It sounds like a silencer though. What's it cost??? Do you guys know where I could get a cap on ??? I would spend the $ on a bolt on cap, but not on an entire silencer.

Happy Trails

Joe Chief

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Originally posted by Weld it
Tiylu,

I put a FMF Q on my 2003 KX-250 and it quiets it down quite a bit, almost as quiet as a KDX - 200. It smoothed the power out on the KX-250 and made it easier to use, as though it gave it more low / mid end power.

Weld it

Agreed :thumbs:

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
Thanks for the input, weld it. I just picked-up a new '03 KX250 and was thinking about the Q. I think I will also get the FMF Gnarly. I love low-end grunt, and I hear this is the set-up for that!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I run the Q series on my 03 kx250 for neighbor reasons. It is very quiet as long as I don't get too far into the powerband. It actually adds some top end since it lengthens the exhaust.

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
Thanks Joe, I am going to run the Q. I have been reading that the SST pipe might be a good FMF choice for the 03 KX250. But I still want to get somebody's take on the Gnarly before I make a purchase.

Top Bottom