Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I'm currently using the FMF turbine core(1). If any of my fellow (or fellowette) KDX riders use the 'Q' could you please give me your opinion as to the noise level, fit, and power differences between the Q and the TC. Thanks a bunch.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
I'm curious about the "Q" silencer myself. I would prefer to have a silencer witha a lower decibel level myself. If it doesn't hurt the power I'm headed in that direction.
I'm glad to see that you are not one of the riders that just wants the loudest pipe possible because they think it's cool. That kind of mentality is threatening our right to ride in a lot of places.

plymrat

May 12, 2001
I put a Q on my new 200 and like it very much. I also put a FMF torque pipe on and the noise from the pipe is louder than the sound out the back. The silencer is pretty quiet. It fit just fine.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I have a Q on my KTM 250. It's pretty quiet as long as you don't let the packing deteriorate. Last summer I had both bikes at an event with a sound check. Due to the crunching of my FMF, the KDX had the stock pipe and silencer. The 250 with the Q silencer checked out at 95 db, and the KDX with the stock setup at 96.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I have one too, but ithink it could be much more quieter. I have a Fmf grunt pipe and Rev pipe both are loud with the Q on, i still use plugs.

Ryan_KDX_

Sep 12, 2002
Any power gain or loss added with a silencer is probably going to be so minor that I'll doubt you will notice. Anyhow, the Q is a great pipe, and is super quiet. For your info, I'm still running the stock expansion chamber, so I guess anything will sound quiet with that on.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Top Bottom