FMF Q/Turbine Core II for 2001 KDX 200

peterryan01

May 6, 2003
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any opinions about the FMF Q spark arrestor for the KDX200. The FMF Q seems to be replacing the Turbine Core II, but I may be wrong. I am looking to get a bit more power out of my bike (I already have an FMF Gnarly pipe) - the last possible add on, I think, is the FMF Q/Turbine Core II. If anybody has any insight as to how much power will be gained from this add-on, I would really appreciate it. Any additional info would be helpful, too.

Thanks,

Peter

jamin326

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2002
most likely you won't notice any significant power gain, i have a kdx220 with fmf rev pipe, i do have the turbine core II silencer and the stock silencer, i'm currently using the stock, just cuz i don't have to repack it, but i didn't notice any power gain with the turbine core II. The only reason i have the turbine core II silencer is cuz i came with the bike and the only real advantage is weight, the turbine core II is much lighter than the stock unit

Last edited:

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I have used the TC2 before and now i'm using the Q, Most people will agree you don't need a Q S/A cuz the KDX don't make that much noise. I one the other hand think it is to loud for my ears or shoud i say ear- i'm totally def in my right ear. PERFORMANCE WISE The TC2 i think runs better but then it is back to how well you can jet your bike. The Q is much longer than the TC2, so you will have to jet again for this silencer. I do like the Q better than the TC2 because of where the pipe exits out- before the TC2 would dump out on to the fender and black goo would splater the fender. Q is more quiter than the TC2---- If you already have A TC2 and your not worried about your hearing don't bother with a Q.

Top Bottom