youngnbald

Oct 13, 2008
Ok, I am confused and want peoples experience. I won a FMF Q2 on ebay for $125, new in box. At the time I was reading people brag about this pipe. Now I did more searching and found some are saying this pipe was not any more quiet than stock.

My goal is to reduce the noise level of the stock pipe. Not looking at performance changes. I would hate to put this pipe on the bike and have buyers remorse. For the price and what time of year it is, I bought it. When spring comes around, more buyers may be in the market and I could resell the pipe easy if this wasn't a good pipe for me.

Anyone do the change and what experience did you have?

May 10, 2007
im not sure about the q2 but i had a q4 on my old bike (crf150R) and that thing was great really quieted it down but i didnt notice any powerlose either. i would think that the q2 would do the same thing.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
youngnbald said:
Ok, I am confused and want peoples experience.
Anyone do the change and what experience did you have?

I run a Q2 on my CRF450. Great silencer. Makes excellent mid-range power and no power loss on top or bottom end with no jetting changes. The Q4 is a better but I don't believe it will fit your '03. Check the FMF website to be sure. Either one makes less noise than the stock silencer.

MeanGreen94

Jan 29, 2007
I had one on my 250x. It was louder than the stock x pipe which is super quiet. But, it will be much quieter than your stock 250r pipe. When you first wack the throttle it may bark close to as loud as your stock, but when your on the gas and stay on til the upper rpms is when it really hushes it down (no more annoying drone.) I'd put it on!

youngnbald

Oct 13, 2008
Thanks for the input everyone. Came to find out the company screwed up the models and the pipe is for a 2005, not 2003. Have my money back and working on the carb right now for the lower temps out there.

Top Bottom