FMF recommended jetting, any good?

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
I just bought a 2000 KDX 200 a couple of months ago and was wondering about the jetting. the guy before me installed an FMF Gnarly woods pipe and silencer but did not change the jetting, just removed the air box lid. The bike runs a bit rich at sea level, but rarely fouls. Here is my question, has anyone tried the recommended FMF jetting specs from their website with this set up? Here is what they list on their site
STOCK 48 160 R1174K 3RD none 1.5 13/47 BR8ES K-G35 Woods
FMF 45 155 R1173K 3RD none 1.5 13/47 BR8ES K-G30 Desert

Any merit to trying it? Are the above listed stock settings correct?I hate to cause my start on the first kick bike to foul or go lean. But better performance is always welcome. I would experiment with it myself, but have no place at home to run the bike, and have to drive two hours to ride. Any comments?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I wouldn't hesitate to give their jetting a try. It looks to be quite consertive still so you shouldn't run into any problems running lean.

For more jetting specs you can check out the Justkdx web page. There are also plenty of KDX riders in your area who frequent this forum and I'm sure they'll pipe in and let you know what's been working best for them.

David

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…