FMF Rev Pipe OR Pro-Circuit Works for YZ125?

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
I just bought a 2000 YZ125 today and I LOVE IT!!!! I sold my old 99 CR125 and bought a the best YZ i could find. I got a hella deal on it too, paid only $3000 and everything is stock too, the owner has only riden it 3 or 4 times before he started a new job. Let me tell you, this YZ is in a class of its own, it beats out my tired CR125 hands down, it revs further and pulls faster unlike my doggy CR. Now, I want to either add a FMF Rev Pipe to it with PowerCoreII Silencer (not a shorty) OR a Pro-Circuit Works Pipe with PC 304 silencer. When I first had my CR it had a PC Platinum pipe w/PC 304 silencer. Kinda liked it actually. Im just curious to see what all you other YZ riders have on your bikes and what works the best! Thanks!

PS- It's gonna be ported by Eric Gorr over the winter months!

anton

Jul 23, 2001
Pipe

Also, chose the SST version. It adds more of a spread and in the fairly tight and sandy mx tracks here it is not so much the peak power that a DEP that provide, but the usable spread - in that regard, the SST outshines everything else.
Regards
Anton

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
I have an FMF Fatty pipe with Shorty silencer combo and it RIPS!!! I would have bought the SST pipe but they do not make it for a 98 YZ125. I don't think you can wrong with either company, they both make exellent products.

metal457

Sep 28, 2001
Pipe Choice

I have used fmf a fmf pipe on my yz and after a while it went to crap. When I worked at a bike shop the mechanic I knew had a 01' YZ 125 and he put a pc/ works pipe on it changed the jetting a little and that bike is faster than any fmf bike I've ridden:p

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
Well, i have a 2001 yz125 and put a PC pipe w/ a shorty silencer on it right away. I thought it was great. Then i dented the pipe so i through the stock pipe and silencer back on and it pulls twice as hard. I think the PC pipes suck, IMHO. I cant compare to an FMF but PC - stock... i'll take stock!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Don't waste your money on the SST pipe, hands down get the FATTY!! with the shorty it adds to the entire powerband and pulls better than stock. The PC setup will take away from the bottom and give it alittle more on top. I'd go with the fatty its the best of both. Its the pipe I plan to get, but so far I like my YZ stock.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by MXP1MP
Don't waste your money on the SST pipe, hands down get the FATTY!! with the shorty it adds to the entire powerband and pulls better than stock. The PC setup will take away from the bottom and give it alittle more on top. I'd go with the fatty its the best of both. Its the pipe I plan to get, but so far I like my YZ stock.

Thats what I have and it RIPS!!! No compareson to stock. I was almost having to go down to first in slower corners, since the new FMF stuf I can power through it with a little clutch action in second.

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
i had an FMF pipe on my yz but ditched it for a pro circuit pipe. the pro circuit pulls harder everywhere. it revved almost as fast in 3rd gear as the FMF did in 2nd...i love it

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I have a Fatty on my 87 YZ and it goes like a raped ape. A lot of people think it only adds a little to the bottom, but my bike still pulls hard everywhere.

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
I have a Fatty on my 87 YZ and it goes like a raped ape

i'm confused...is this a good thing or a bad thing???

00kawa125

May 16, 2001
IMHO I think the reason people differ on the affect a pipe makes on their bike has more to do with the level of the rider and the tracks they usually ride than the actual pipe. A rider who does not stay on the top of the band is not going to like a pipe that brings it from mid to top. While a rider who rides at the top would not like a pipe that delivers off the throttle and flattens up top. Both would feel like their pipe was worthless, but both pipes would be delivering. For what we ride, (01yz125), I personally like the FMF line. They have the fatty for the bottom to mid, the rev for the mid to top, and the SST for both. The SST does not give the gains at either end as the other two but is a good compromise. The Pro Circuit gives nothing at the bottom and only slight gains mid to top for my model. For the 01 YZ125 the DEP pipe delivers the most horsepower gain but they are hard to find and they take their time delivering.

01 YZ125
99 YZ105

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom