kzuby

May 14, 2005
I'm looking to throw a shorty on my KX. I already have an FMF golds series gnarly pipe installed. Is it worth the money or should I just stick with the stock silencer? I do alot of trail/woods/open field riding, no track. I also get a decent amount of oil spraying from the stock silencer (just repacked it) I run 32/1 mix. Any suggestions?

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
How's your jetting? Too rich will cause excesive oil spray. The shorty should give a tad bit more low-mid power. A 12oz flywheel weight also makes a huge difference and helps the bike hook up much better in slick conditions. I ran 40:1 yamalube 2R in my KX250 for several years. It burned very clean and both the top end and botom end lasted much longer than would be normally expected. I did every thing from hare scramble races, to sand duens to GP's to MX on that bike. An E-line carbon fiber pipe guard is very good for keeping that pipe in good condition and it also keeps the pipe temptature more consistent and higher which makes it run a little better (pipe tempature affects the sonic waves or something).

enjoy

trevor1188

Jun 17, 2005
i have the same problem with my CR125. i went to a Honda dealership and they told me to mix 34:1 - 40:1 with Honda dirtbike oil. so i recommend buying the shorty pipe (i have one) and the extra low-mid range power will help when going slow in the woods, then just change your mix ratio and everything should be fine

Top Bottom