LivinLife

Oct 13, 2008
Hey, I am packing a FmF shorty silencer. I've bought the 2-stroke fiber repacking from FMF that comes in the bag. Do i need anything else to repack it, and how do you go about repacking it.. How do i clean the inner pipe and the inner casing I was thinking to use kerosene, if not what should i use. Cheers. :)

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Repacking is very easy. The FMF silencer should have screws holding the outer casing on, so it is as simple as removing the screws and sliding the outer case off, clean the old gunk out, wrap the new packing around (use a little tape to hold it in place long enough to get the case back on) and putting it back together.

There are a variety of ways to clean the gunk off the pipe. What works best for me is dirt. Yep, plain old dirt. Use it to soak up all the gunk, rub the dirt into the screen as an abrasive, 1/4 fill the case and shake it, etc. Then rinse it off with a little water and you are good to go.

I have also used a pressure washer, but that ended up with gunk sprayed all over everything within 20 feet.

Rod

LivinLife

Oct 13, 2008
Hello, do i just wrap the orange FMF 2-stroke repacking material around the inner core and just put it back together? :think:

Top Bottom