fmf shorty silencer on 01 200 exc?

MeanGreen94

Jan 29, 2007
I would like to replace my silencer on my 2001 KTM 200 exc, but cannot find a shorty for my bike. Do they not make a shorty for this year and model or am I not looking hard enough. I have been able to find many places that sell the powercore 2, but if i had the choice i would rather have the shorty. If you know where i can find a shorty for this model please let me know, or if you have a different idea for a silencer please let me know. I ride on private property so noise and spark arrester are not a factor. I would like the best performing and sounding silencer. Thanks alot in advance.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
MeanGreen94 said:
I would like to replace my silencer on my 2001 KTM 200 exc, but cannot find a shorty for my bike. Do they not make a shorty for this year and model or am I not looking hard enough. I have been able to find many places that sell the powercore 2, but if i had the choice i would rather have the shorty. If you know where i can find a shorty for this model please let me know, or if you have a different idea for a silencer please let me know. I ride on private property so noise and spark arrester are not a factor. I would like the best performing and sounding silencer. Thanks alot in advance.

I don't think they made a shorty for the 200 before 03.. But not sure,, call FMF and ask.

caebte

Mar 3, 2007
i'm getting an '03 200 EXC on friday which has, I believe, a powercore2. If that is what you settle on I would be interested in a clean swap for your oem silencer (assuming that is what you have - i need one with spark arrestor). thx..

if u are interested i can try to get some detailed pics..

MeanGreen94

Jan 29, 2007
Will a 03 silencer fit my 01, currently i have a silencer that is unmarked, but it full of oil and needs packed, but when i bought the bike the previous owner gave me the oem silencer which he replaced very shortly after buying the bike new. so the oem "hockey stick" silencer i have is in perfect condition. If your powercore 2 will fit my bike i will be very interested. does anyone know if his silencer will fit my bike?

caebte

Mar 3, 2007
i'll try to get some more exact details about my silencer and some pictures after i get the bike tomorrow. I am pretty sure it should fit, as long as it's an EXC model like mine. and i would be interested in the stock silencer (hockey stick!)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom