Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Well, long story short. the stock pipe was damaged in a minor hook up with another rider. I really love the sx power band and was wondering if anyone has run the SST pipe and what it actually does to the power band? Or any good suggestions on a new pipe for a 2003 250sx?

Bigsaint

Jun 11, 2003
I have a '03 250Sx as well, but still stock as far as the pipe goes. I put the KTM SXS pipe and silencer on the 125SX ( also '03) and I really like it. Add some rev at top and the bottom ( what bottom on the 125, lol) didn't loose any. The SXS pipes/silencers are made by Doma. All are factory finish as well. They wouldn't be my first choice if you need low end grunt, but if you are used to stayin on the pipe when you ride, you won't be disapointed with Doma. When I destroy the 250 stock pipe it will also get the SXS treatment.

You can get them through ktm-parts.com for 10% off or join Kttalk.com and get them for 15% off.

k-ryder

Feb 10, 2004
Midhigh said:
Well, long story short. the stock pipe was damaged in a minor hook up with another rider. I really love the sx power band and was wondering if anyone has run the SST pipe and what it actually does to the power band? Or any good suggestions on a new pipe for a 2003 250sx?

pro circuit has the best 03-04 250sx pipe, imo.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I went with the pro circuit pipe and shorty silencer. Everything should be in any day.

k-ryder

Feb 10, 2004
midhigh......1999 yz250 "boyesen pro series reed petals" will smooth the hit, a flywheel weight is a good idea, 13/49 gearing, 175 main, stock needle, 48 pilot.

did'nt catch what all you've already done ?

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
k-ryder - boyesen pro series reeds, Power Now valve, 14/50 gearing (stock), 175 main, stock needle, stock pilot, and now PC pipe w/pc shorty silencer. Front forks revalved with heavier springs, rear shock with lighter spring,

k-ryder

Feb 10, 2004
well....when you need new reed petals, you might try the 99 yz250 type. does'nt cost any power but it does smooth it out.

heard from alot of 250sx guy's using the heavier flywheel's also. 8-11 oz.

that p.c pipe should rip !!!

sounds good though !

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom