rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi,
I won on ebay a new SST pipe for my 01kx 250 :) I'm not asking for jetting specs!! :yeehaw: WHat i need too know is will a tubine core 2 of a shorty silencer work?? I was looking at FMF's website and it said some bikes may need a sst silencer, just didn't say which bikes.. So if you know anything, could you please share.. Thanks in advance,
RIck

xXxYZxXx

Aug 16, 2002
Well, sorry to tell you my man, but the whole line of KX 250's, with maybe the exception of the 03's, need either the SST PC, SST TC or SST Titanium 2. I've always wondered which years or models needed the special silencers, and it seems all KX's need the special silencer. I thought they made every year and model need the silencer for more money, but I was happy to find out my 02' YZ 125 doesn't need it, YAY, and by the way, for anyone interested, and for you Ricky, go here http://fmfracing.com/pdfs/applicationchart2stroke.pdf that is the application site for all things FMF, it tells you the models and years that the SST requires the silencers for, and for anyone needing further reference...

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
THat is some Great info, thanks all.. Now i need too find a SST Silencer/spark arrestor.. Have a Happy Thanksgiving :)
RIck

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Coop, I'd love to go, but it looks like I'm going to be out of town all weekend. Spending T-day in lovely downtown Manchester, NH.

Have fun and if things change, I may show up.

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Hey coop37 and MX-747 I'm in Utah too... I'm up in the SLC area though maybe sometime we can hook up.

Top Bottom