kaptiankent

May 8, 2008
Hi guys, great site I must say. I just got my first 2-stroke bike a few weeks ago, a 05 KDX 220. I made a step up from a xr200 and its like night and day. I would never go back.

I have been doing a lot of reading on here and a few other sites about doing some upgrades on this bike.

So far I have ordered:

Wiseco piston
Boysen reed valve
FMF desert pipe
FMF Q silencer

I was going to get a turbine core 2 silencer, but in the Parts Canada book they only show The Q silencer. So thats what the guy ordered.

So I am wondering if there is a difference between the two? As I haven't heard that silencer mentioned on this site yet.

kaptiankent

May 8, 2008
Thanks for pointing that out.

How much louder is the TC2 compared to stock?

It sounds like the Q silencer is suppose to be close to the stock noise level?

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
ive had both the TC2 and the Q on my CR250, the Q is ever so slightly quieter than the TC2, it is noticable but as ascracer said, nothing will touch the stock silencer for stealthyness

kaptiankent

May 8, 2008
Thanks for your replies guys, I will be getting my pipe and silencer this week and hopefully putting it on this coming weekend.

I will post back with the upgrade results once I am done everything.

Either way I think the new pipe and silencer will work out ok, even if it is a bit louder.

This might be a stupid question, but will the stock silencer work with the FMF pipe?
The guy where I bought the pipe said that in order for the pipe to work properly that I would need to use a FMF silencer as well.
Not sure if this is true?

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Doesn't sound true to me. The pipe is the main area for improvement on the KDX, and it's heavy since it's a double wall design (which also makes it quiet).

fbenz

Jan 25, 2006
As an interested party in this thread...can I ask whether an FMF silencer will work with the stock pipe, (I'm thinking weight savings by removing the stock silencer).

Top Bottom