yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yes, I helped with the initial design but my dad did most of the design work as he went along. All it was was 2x4's, ripped 2x4's, and I think there were some 2x6's in there too, for the frame. If anybody wants I can probably go out and draw it up and scan it. Send me a pm if you would like to call and talk or whatever.

BTW, here's the link to my gallery http://www.dirtrider.net/teamdrn/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=20368

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey YZGuy... Awesome job on the custom bunkbeds!

Did that sided-door screen come with the trailer? Is it permanently attached, and does it hinge, or do you pull it off with those silver handles on either side of the door frame?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Eric: Great job on your beds. I'll have to take you up on the offer to come see them. May be a couple of weeks though, the way work is going.

I am working on a set of CAD drawings for a set made out of 1x1 tubing. I will post them when complete.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Just to make sure I'm fair, my dad gets all the credit for the beds. Well, almost all of it. My girlfriend, my sister and I did paint it. :).

Smit dog, the screen is attached to the door. It's a motorhome door that came with a screen door on it. We got that motorhome door for $70 at a salvage yard in Sherman, TX. We had to dig to find it, it's new and perfect and had keys, it was hard to find. The trailer didn't have a door so he had to cut a hole out for the door. The door was an adventure, as the frame of the trailer was somewhat bent and had to be straightened with a come-a-long, or something. I was not there for that part, but it took him like a day and a half for the door. The gray around it was a wood frame for the door because the wall carpet got kind of torn up while the door went on, then the handles are to help you get in and out (mostly in our driveway, it's kind of a big step).

Tony, pretty much anytime is fine with me. Just holla!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Aluminum tubing would be much lighter, which would be a plus. We noticed a weight difference in the trailer after the beds went in. However, we don't have anything to weld aluminum with (and my dad is great with a 2x4) so we just went with wood.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Great pics,  I like the idea alot. Now if I can get rid of my little open trailer and get an enclosed one.....

Kevin

Top Bottom