Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
super rat said:
You don't really think that 125's pull only half as hard as a 250 do you?

The maximum torque of a 125 is roughly half that of a 250.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Thump said:
That race in Europe that you speak of.... Who had the fastet lap time and what were they riding? Who actually won the race? And by what margin did he win?

I know the answers but it would be far better to hear you tell me in this thread. :moon:

The O'show was fast that day no doubt, but not the fastest, and he did not do it on a weekly basis to the athletes racing the AMA MX series.

LOL!! Alright man, I'll let it go.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
We beating this horse again? Maybe he will be the best ever before it's all done, but he hasn't done it yet. (PS I think he will, but he has to DO it. Championships arent handed out on potential and talent; ask the Dogger).

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
I just read a section in the AMA rules in the American Motorcyclist mag about being disqualified/fined/penalized for riding a bike of improper engine size. The example given was something like: "Example-riding a 200cc bike in the 250-up class", or something similar to that. Not sure how this all translates to the SX, however.

Didn't Brock Sellards ride a KTM 200SX @ Vegas last year?

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
lwsmithjr said:
Didn't Brock Sellards ride a KTM 200SX @ Vegas last year?
yes, but it's probably not that big a deal since the US Open is a one-off event, not part of any series.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
If I remember correctly Bubba had the fastest lap time last year at Budd's Creek.
Blew my mind!! It had rained for about a month straight, and only after a cuople days of drying it rained the night before the main. The track couldn't hold much power(The reason RC didn't win the 1st moto). Their HS track held my WR in a quicksand trench for about 1/2hr while I heaved trailside. Budd's was a mess last year, but I LOVED every minute of it--every year...

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Timr said:
Here's my comment on Bubba: I was in the stands and he was clearly faster than even Reed! He had two sections of the track that no one else could get through as smoothly and quickly as he did. I'm sure you saw this on TV, after the 250 main, Reed limped over to the podium; Bubba looked like he could've gone another 15 laps.

Reed took some handlebars to the chest... Bubba did not. The fact that Reed was limping and Bubba was not means nothing.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wanna make odds Reed has a lot of reasons to "limp" to the finish line next year? :p Sorry everyone, but 259 is going to spank the world in 05.

All the naysayer's have only a few months to disagree, better get busy.

Last edited:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Hows that? The whole time I have been hear I can't recall one of your many predictions that you have been right on, Bubba may be your first. lol

Maybe you could dig one up for me.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
How many races has reed sat out due to injury?-not many-bubba has done a few now(in his short time in the pro ranks)-that says to me if bubba crashes at his incredible speed he will get hurt.He then misses more races and reed and kw and rc all fight it out again.

Bubba is unreal no doubt but you cant hand him nothing till he has earned it-hes not turned a 250 wheel in anger yet, its very different to a practice track, rc and the others are not the same as the current 125 riders-they wont go away and the big bikes require more respect-you just cannot get away with as much-does bubba really know this yet? in racing conditions when the title is on the line??

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It won't take long to find out rat. Be patient.

It's so easy to say the kid won't do well, we'll see. It's as if many think there is a huge difference at the pro level between a 250 and a 125. When you are as good as some of these guys are, I really don't think there is *much of a learning curve. Only time will tell. In the meantime, I guess it's a waste to discuss it.

When are we going to stop hearing about the ONE crash of Stewart's that cost him the title (and allowed Langston to win it?) If you guys want to discuss a rider that can't handle the 250's, there's your guy! :p

Last edited:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
instead of worrying so much about Stewart moving up another class and Stewarts lap times, i think you guys should worry a bit more about moving up to the next class and improving your own lap times :)

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Who cares about OUR lap times!

Stewart is changing the way motorcycles are ridden. You are witnessing a revolution :worship: .

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
hes not turned a 250 wheel in anger yet, its very different to a practice track, rc and the others are not the same as the current 125 riders-

I'm so tired of hearing how the 250 class is an entire world above the 125 class. Better? Yes--but not as much as it's played out. lol, all the 250 riders came from the 125 class. Consider Travis Preston, who jumps in the 250 class and scores better than in the 125. How about Nick Wey? He's better than last year as well. Short? Look at that guy fly on a 250. I don't buy it.

Marcus, you continue to claim that Bubba is injury prone. He's been injured ONCE, as I recall. Reed, at least twice. Langston, 14,546. James' injury just happened to be serious enough to require a rest.

And with this new 'no contact' racing, JBS will have free reign next year at the 25 yardline in the front of the pack.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
If i recall, RC had no competition in the 125s either. I think he may have something for JS in the 250s. RC hates to lose and I think JS will cause him to work that much harder. It will be interesting and i don't think anyone will be a shoe in.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
There will undoubtably be crashes and perhaps injuries in the 250s when Stewart moves up.

But it won't be Stewart doing the crashing, it will be the rest of the guys (in particular it will be RC!) trying to match Bubba's pace.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
nephron said:
Marcus, you continue to claim that Bubba is injury prone. He's been injured ONCE, as I recall. Reed, at least twice. Langston, 14,546. James' injury just happened to be serious enough to require a rest.

i think he was claiming that Stewart was accident prone, as witnessed by the number of times he fell off during that SX season- remember the one where he was under the bike and bigdaddy walked out in discust??? i think he crashed 3-4 times in that one race alone.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
My prediction is it's going to be a 4 way battle, I also predict that the first time JS busts a move Mike Larocco shhhhhmacks him upside the head.

One things for certain, the runaways will be over

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
The race were he crashed 3-4 times, wasnt that because his front brake was messed up?

You would think that when he is practicing or playing around these days he would ride the 250 to get as use to it as possible. For him to practice with the 125 is a waste of time. Whatever the difference (if there is one or not)between the two bikes is better to find out now before you get there. Does anybody know what he rides for practice???

Top Bottom