Thought that was pretty cool how the owner put it up to vote. :cool:

And even cooler how it ended up. * :nod:

Excuse me while I laugh my azz off. :laugh: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Who could look back at the stories of The Babe and have any sort of ill thoughts? Or, remembering Hanks accomplishments and having any sort of bad memorys at all? It simply doesn't happen, because those guys were true American Hero's. Their demeanor was level, and they were sportsmen and gentlemen both on, and off the field.
Same for most all of our past and present baseball big league superstars. -They are, and were, true ambassadors of our great American heritage.

But having watched Bonds over the years, and paid just a little bit of attention, I have always felt a bit of something just not quite right with him.
I can't, or don't really care to, put my finger directly on it, but I see the guy as either angry and bitter, or perhaps way full of himself. Whatever it is, he has this aura about him that just doesn't fit the American Hero class.

My mantra from the start of the Bonds controversy has been "*", and I find it quite fitting and proper.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
this intrigues me:
the Fox Sports article said:
Matt Murphy, a 21-year-old student and construction supervisor from New York, emerged from a scuffle holding the ball. He said he decided to sell it because he couldn't afford to pay the taxes required to keep it.
taxes required to keep it? Home run balls are income now? As my man Killface would say, what the deuce?!?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001

True American heroes :laugh:

So the guy does not talk to the media, which in some of your other posts leads me to believe that you yourself do not like the media, what gives? :rotfl:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
XRpredator said:
this intrigues me:

taxes required to keep it? Home run balls are income now? As my man Killface would say, what the deuce?!?

I can see the IRS now wanting to collect on past HR balls that are worth $$ :whoa:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
oldguy said:
But now this gives Asterisk a bad name as it associates a great knee brace :cool: with a known cheater :fft:
Has it been proved that he knowingly used? :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
rickyd said:
Has it been proved that he knowingly used? :cool:
Are you implying he used but "unknowingly"?
Actually I have no definitive proof but agree with evidence that I saw (circumstantial but hard to not believe ) that yes he used knowingly or not. Therefor I personally do not wish to acknowledge his record as unblemished.
Oh and Gomer a while back did unearth a Barry Bonds rookie card which seems to back up the allegations

Attachments

• BarryBondsRookieCard.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 60

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
We all know it all depends on what the word is, is...or is that was?

I love it when someone tells you a big lie, you know it's a lie, and so does everyone else, but you can't prove it's not a lie, so therefore it isn't a lie.
I find it mucho funny how liars seem to think a lie needs verification, or else it isn't really a lie.

You know, Rick...the way I see it, I can't prove he's lying, and he can't prove he's not. So, the only logical solution is to affix an asterisk next to his questionable accomplishments. Can you deny his accomplishments are questionable? No, of course you can't. Oh, you could...but it would simply be you denying, because you are an advocate of his. (or you hope the value of your brothers baseball increases)
And I mentioned nothing about the media at all. Where did you dig that part up?

"It rubs the creme on it's skin!"

"What, this harmless looking inert creme right here? Sure, I can do that! Will it make my butt look smaller?"

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I assumed you found all of your info through the media, much like you assume he knowingly took roids. As for me wanting him cleared up so my brothers memorabilia would go up in value, my brother has not sold one thing ever, nor plans to. He is a collector, not a dealer. As far as me being an advocate, I don't really like Bonds, he was a SF GIANT, GO A's! :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…