For those who missed the races at DW03

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
Just an FYI, for those who missed the races at Cooperland. We were all treated to quite a show from a KDX.

Not just any KDX mind you, a brand new BONE STOCK KDX...I don't know who the owner was but number 42 put on a clinic for us. It all started with the team hare scramble...I'm pretty sure they placed first sharing the KDX between the two (Double A) riders! They were flat out hauling and since they were sharing the bike, they had to take extra time to gas up in between and switch riders while everybody else got to rest their bikes and fill up etc.

Later that same day, the number 42 KDX competed in the individual hare scramble as well...There were some fast folks out there but the KDX was right up front...I can't remember the exact finish but it was in the top three I believe.

Thought I had seen it all...Nope! On Saturday, the little bike who thought he could competed in the bikes with lights MX race as well and he took first there too. There were some nice bikes out there with some great power but this thing stole the show. I was flagging the race and the guy even went down twice that I saw and almost went over the bars on the big downhill after the big step up. Still took first.

What a show indeed. For awhile, I was wondering if Jeff Fredette was piloting! All I can say is, what a bike...but I would think it may need a top end after this week.

Christopher
(EX-KDX Junkie)

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
There's even more! That same bike was running down the leader in the B moto final. Finished a very close second , jumping the big uphill.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yep, the bone stock KDX came in a very close second to the show that Coop and Dubach put on. I remember standing the in awe watching him jump every jump on the track sneaking up on the CRF450 thinking there is no way he is even going to know that anyone is behind him until he show's them a wheel. One more lap and the KDX would have won!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It was an amazing show of riding ability!
You KDX'ers would have been quite proud, to say the least.
(Quite a sight to see a KDX, complete with a fender bag, clearing national level motocross jumps with ease)

Who WAS that guy anywho?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I got a chuckle from him running the B moto with his headlight on!

Watching how well he did prompted me to take a lap on the big track, Saturday evening. It's pretty impressive watching those guys, then putting yourself on the track and thinking... "NO WAY!"

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Okay, now you guys really have me interested.. Who was the mad KDXer? Or, is this another one of those you had to be there deals?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
You had to be there... and i think it was his kickstand that you could here slapping up and down as he landed the jumps.  :cool:

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
That just goes to show you its 95% rider and 5% bike. All those goons that rushed out to buy KTM's and 450's thinking they will be next GNCC champ should have kept the little ol' green machine. STILL the best all around bike made IMO!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by RTL
Okay, now you guys really have me interested.. Who was the mad KDXer? Or, is this another one of those you had to be there deals?

He was the real deal alright.  I have tons of video to prove it too.

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by Braahp
That just goes to show you its 95% rider and 5% bike. All those goons that rushed out to buy KTM's and 450's thinking they will be next GNCC champ should have kept the little ol' green machine. STILL the best all around bike made IMO!

Excuse me while I puke!! :uh:

Good grief! My KDX doesn't even compare with my KTM 400/450. I would go for 80% rider and 20% bike but 95/5...I don't think so. No offense meant...Just my opinion.

Now, for the money...I think its a great bike. I can't think of any other bikes in that price range I would rather have.

Top Bottom