Forest City Poker Run this Sat. Nov 1 Byron, IL

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Hey Ryan, any details on the poker run this year? If I remember correctly, you start at 10? Looking forward to it, hope the weather holds out.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Yes the start is at 10:0am. I just back from Boston so I will post more when I see what's going on. I think the loop is going to be around 30 miles long and a little easier than last year, or at least a easy and hard arrowing layout do to it being a dual sport.

I do know that lights must be mounted, no MX bikes this year.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
A little more info on this event:

AMA District 17 Dual Sport Event

Approximately a 30 mile loop
Featuring a 50/50 poker hand similar to past Off-Road Poker Run Events
First rider out at 10:00am last rider out at 1:00pm

Dual Sport Cost
Non-AMA Members $40 1st lap, $10 2nd lap
AMA members $25 1st lap, $10 2nd lap
$5 poker hand (split the pot)

This event will be run on the same great trails as previous Off-Road Poker Runs; with the enduro the previous Sunday the trails will be awesome. There will be optional sections to bypass some of the technical trail.

No Riders under 16 years old.
Dual Sports must be “enduro legal” (no MX bikes)

Directions:
Take IL Route 2 two miles south of Byron, IL to Townline Rd, then follow arrows.

Email: forestcityriders@hotmail.com

coolktm

May 29, 2002
Excellent time! Little more road than in the past but still great. Wish there was more than one of these a year. Keep up the good work!

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Thanks to all that came, it turned out to be a great day and everyone had alot of fun. Most of the club members got to ride for once and got to enjoy themselves.

We had a very good turnout this year which is what the club needed. With the good turnout this year we will be able to make donations to many local places, Fire department, Future Farmers Assoc, etc. This helps us maintain a good relationship with our landowners and the local people in the area. So thanks again to everyone that came out.

We are looking at having 2 dual sports next year. There would be one in the spring and one in the fall. Both would be on different trails to keep things interesting. We would also have the enduro, so that's three times you could ride in the area.

We are also going to try to get more land this winter to keep us offroad, maybe all offroad. So wish us luck and maybe you'll be riding new land next year.

Bultaco206

Aug 19, 2003
Two D/S events? Sounds great. My Enduro days are over, though. I was a lousy timekeeper and rider 25 years ago! I actually enjoyed the road sections. It was a time to rest a little. It was nice to have a fun event so close to home without driving all night to get somewhere. Thanks again.

bigboarsrule

Jul 7, 2002
Thanks to Ryan, Greg, Daryl, John, Roger and anyone I missed for the help on the Dual Sport event. Thanks to all who chose to ride this event, this will help spread some money into the local economy, great PR for the club. My thanks also to the many club members over the last three years that have made my job as President go smoothly. Thanks again to the riders that understand and support the efforts of these clubs that host events, special thanks to the FCR membership and their families that put up with our motorcycling habits. See ya next spring.....1st Enduro of the year late March

Top Bottom