JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I would check with your local bike dealer. I've got them for an 03 KDX and a 02 Gas Gas. One brand is "Motion Pro - Pro Bleeders". This is the best $25 you will ever spend on your bike. You will say goodbye to replacing fork seals.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
JCW,

Is the ones you got the same as for a KX 250?  Specifically is the thread a M5 x .8  on the KDX just like the KX?  I even called Motion Pro and they don't know if they will cross-reference.  Without me measuring my little bolt I thought i'd ask here first. 

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Just call or go to a kawi dealer. Look up a 94 KDX250 bleeder screw. Ask what other models it works on, specifically your bike. Most likely it is the same for all models of Kawis

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've been told they fit...haven't gotten around to getting a set to try myself.

You can get a pic of 'em HERE!

Note the motion pro units (correct threads, supposedly...5x.8) are a bit taller than the 'drill-to-fit' pieces.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Found a pair of these at a local dealer and just installed them.  They will fit!  Another cool, but much needed gadget! 

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
You may want to read this excerpt from a post by Jer [MX Tech] on a thread in his suspension forum. Just as in your shock, a bit of pressure is necessary to keep foaming to a minimum. ............................................................
"Well the fork uses pressure inside the overall to exerted force on the fluid inside the fork.. Now what happens at the top of the stroke? We get decreasing pressure in the rebound direction and that means that the fork tends to undefiled the fork at the top because with out significant internal pressure little more than cohesive forces actually fills the thing. (this problem is still relevant BTW more on this latter) With the circulating system we dump a significant amount of oil (rebound clicker value) out the top of the fork where it is emulsified further and thats also means more oil has to be refiled into the cartridge. This is one reason why I tell people not bleed air out of there open cartridge forks every ride.. By running a small internal pressure your helping your fork work better (more consistently), and that's a small price to pay ..." [He obviously doesn't proof read his posts but there's lots of good info to be had in his forum]

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
i would not agree with all points of that post.

you should always bleed the forks with the wheel off the ground. That way you are not pressurizing the forks postively or negatively.

The reason we need to bleed the air from the forks is the change of temperature expands the air inside the forks. Thus you get a pressure that causes a noticeable difference in the compression dampening of the forks. Thus bleed the air off to eleviate this pressure.

You can buy kits that are handlebar mounted now. So when you take that double or tripple, just push the button!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A niggly bit, but with the pressure relieved when the suspension is completely unloaded, the result is indeed some positive pressure in the fork headspace.

**edit**
I'm saying I don't read what jeremy said to be at odds with what jcw says.
**edit**

Besides, my bike works better with the forks bled than with them pressurized (not relieved). That's my take..it's my bike...I ride it...so, it works for me!

I like toemaytoes. If you prefer tuhmahtoes then order your burger differently! ;)

Last edited:

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I prefer musshroums and mussterd and saving forks seals, but I respect all toemaytoe eaters. What a great country! Free choice!

Rock ON!

Top Bottom