Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
This may not be the right place, but since the fork type is significant, maybe it will work. I have a 1998 yz 250 with 46mm kyb forks and would like to mount some white, Honda style fork guards up to my fork in place of the stock yz ones. The reasons are twofold: 1. allow me to run the cr brake routing and use the stock honda clamp, 2. I can use the seal savers on the fork tubes without any interference from the top fork guide. Does anyone know what year cr's came with KYB forks, and whose fork guards would bolt up with my yz's?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
have you considered aftermarket UFO or acerbis? i run the stock ones with the cr routing and i just put tape over the two holes that appear when you cut off the old brake line guide. the DSP carbon fibre ones would fill your application perfectly, they dont need the guides either but they are $$$. i too wonder if the CR ones would fit since allthough the forks maybe KYB i wonder if the bottom clamp is much different?

i hope we can find more since i dont like mine with a botched taped up hole and the bike is ready for a bit of a facelift.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
All Crs use the same fork guards and bolt holes but they are different to your KYBs as the axle clamp is different.I know of a few riders who have run the hose like a CR but they use the std guards.Sorry i cant help more.

Top Bottom