Fork leak on the bottom of the fork

yamastud

Jan 24, 2001
I have a 98 yz 125 and my KYB right fork has a little bit of a constant leak. Although this leak is not like other leaks it sin't involving the seals at all. This is on the bottom side of the fork. I don't know alot about forks but it looks like it is a capon the bottom of the fork. I am wondering if you can tighten that cap or if that is a big deal? I just recently replaced the fork oil if that means anything. please help. thank you

------------------
yamastud

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I offer no help but I too , have discovered a leak comeing from the bottom of one of my fork tubes .I took the bike off the stand after a long cold winter and as soon as there was wieght on the front end it began to leak . It would stop when lifted but the fork quickly emptied with my fat butt on the bike .There is no visable damage and I was hopeing to find some one here in the know . Thanks .

------------------

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
There is a copper seal on the bottom of your forks. It's probably seen it's better days. If you have no mechanical ability take the forks off and bring it to your dealer to repair

------------------

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
If it's leaking around the "bolt" in the very bottom of the fork where the damping adjuster is, I'd give it some attention before doing any more riding. That little jewel holds your fork together. There is a copper/aluminum sealing washer in there, but if it suddenly started leaking, even just a little bit, there's a problem. It may be as simple as the bolt needs to be torqued to spec., but if you don't take care of it you could get hurt.

------------------
`01 CR250R
`00 ZX-12R
`99 TT-R 250

Top Bottom