94rmx250

Feb 1, 2003
Guys, i have a bit of a problem here. i have a 96' RM 250 with a fork seal that has begun to leak. I was told by a buddy, that i can prob get away with jus added a little fluid from time to time, for a while before i have to actually change the seals. The prob is, how do I add fluid to the fork seals???? Any help would be appreciated.

94rmx250

Feb 1, 2003
ok im confused here. i am supposed to take the top bolt off the fork, and then proceed to fill the forks, almost to the top. now when i remove the top bolt on the fork, is there a preloaded spring that will pop out? or do I just remove the bolt, and then the spring will lift out??/

James509

Aug 27, 2003
Better just replace the seals. The oil level needs to be right, You'll never get it close by guessing. A set of Seal Savers will help the new seals to live a long life. They keep the dirt from getting in the seals and thats what makes them leak. Later,

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Speaking of which, sint there some kind of trick you can do -w- camera film or negatives to clean out fork seals?
Like its supposed to be thin enough and flexible sos ya can slide it between the seal and the tube to clean away the dirt causing them to leak?
Might be all ya need.

PS: Those syringe and tube kits really make adjusting the oil level much easier. :thumb:

Top Bottom