ih8opec

Apr 3, 2007
I have an 06'rmz 450 and noticed the one fork seal leaking. I feel I'm pretty mech. inclined and I have a repair manual is this something I should try myself? if any-one has done this please chime in with any advice.My local dealer wants 125$ and thats if I remove the forks for him!! seems steep to me but I'm cheap. thanks in advance,Neil

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
It's not difficult, especially if you have the right seal driver. That price is about right, give or take a bit. You'll need something to measure your fork oil level (you can either measure the amount of oil and just pour it in, or you can measure the level with a ruler. I prefer to measure & pour, then verify with a ruler). So, besides that, just having the right fork oil and seal driver, and be careful. Hope that helps.

ih8opec

Apr 3, 2007
thanks for the great advice and links guy's!! I think I'll try it myself. for 68$ I can buy the oil seals dust wipers and upper and lower bushings in one kit. thats got to be as close to a rebuild as you can get!! after the parts come in I'll post the results.Thanks again

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ih8opec said:
thanks for the great advice and links guy's!! I think I'll try it myself. for 68$ I can buy the oil seals dust wipers and upper and lower bushings in one kit. thats got to be as close to a rebuild as you can get!! after the parts come in I'll post the results.Thanks again

I used the same guide that BrianK suggested, it was pretty easy.

First set took a bit longer to do, but they were also older. The second bike I did with those instructions took about an hour. It was pretty easy.

Top Bottom