buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Is there an easy and effective way to replace fork oil w/out using a fork oil level kit? I'm more concerned about the exact amount than just getting it back in the tubes.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by buffmaster
I'm more concerned about the exact amount than just getting it back in the tubes.

If that is the case .... then stick with the height/level gauge ;)

I understand why you are asking this question, but considering the "mysterious" nature of suspension tuning ...why add to it?
On the other hand ...if you always set it the same, then just measure the amount that you put in/subtract the amount that you suck out with the height gauge the next time you service them. Now you will know how much to just pour in!

Hmmm .... still seems easier to just use the gauge.

wrench

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I've basically got to change the springs all around, but I've also got to increase the oil height and I'm going to change from 5wt to 7wt b/c of my overly abundant mass. I was trying to find a way around buying a tool that I probably won't use again, but on further reflection, once I change the springs and oil, I'll probably do it again b/c the mystery/challenge of sus. tuning will decrease. I guess I'll see what MX Tech has the kit for.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Check with the guy's in the KDX forum. I think that the "head KDX GURU" in the forum, had detaialed instructions for making your own ...CHEAP!

wrench

Top Bottom