MotoAce51

Apr 20, 2009
SO I have been out of the game for a while now and now that I am back I blew out some forks this past weekend. I am looking to rebuild them this week but I have a couple simple questions. Do the newer Kawi's need a special tool to rebuild the forks? I know Yamaha's dont require a special tool, and Kawi's didnt, but Suzuki and Honda did. Has Kawi remained relatively the same or do they need a special tool now? Thanks. ( I should probably state this is for the 06+ Kx450f, and 250f's)

Ignore the other post, its in the wrong section and I cant figure out how to delete it!

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
MotoAce51 said:
SO I have been out of the game for a while now and now that I am back I blew out some forks this past weekend. I am looking to rebuild them this week but I have a couple simple questions. Do the newer Kawi's need a special tool to rebuild the forks? I know Yamaha's dont require a special tool, and Kawi's didnt, but Suzuki and Honda did. Has Kawi remained relatively the same or do they need a special tool now? Thanks. ( I should probably state this is for the 06+ Kx450f, and 250f's)

Ignore the other post, its in the wrong section and I cant figure out how to delete it!

the Kawi fork is almost the same as the Yamaha fork. for the newer ones you need a 36mm octagon wrench to remove the BV assembly, but the 06 just needs a 19mm wrench, correct me, if I'm wrong...

Top Bottom