JORSWIFT

Aug 20, 2012
Hello all. I have some leaky fork seals on my '01 CR250. Any recomendations as to which seal kit to replace or is OEM efficient? Thanks.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
My friend owns his own shop/business and for my KTM he uses the stock seals. But on others he will use an after market brand. I will ask him his preference when I see him this weekend.

Mully

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
If not fussy about some slight stiction, SealSavers work like a champ. Was putting seals in the RM every 6 months or so, with the Savers, it's been years now without one fork seal replacement. :cool:

*edit*~ But I also clean internals and change fork oil aprox every 50 hrs.

May 14, 2013
I like OEM seals but there is a small brass screw on top of ur shocks u can loosen that and let air out and if u listen u can here it bleed out u should do this after ever ride because shocks build up air and it has only one place to go after it builds up thats out ur seal witch will make them leak this might fix ur leaky seal prob they also make valves for that it replaces screws its got a button u push down it bleeds it for u they r about ten bucks. Also it may have[QUOTEdustme dust in there u can remove ur dust seal and take some old Kodak film rolls cut it off to fit the diameter of ur shock and run it around ur shock up in the inter seal and that will clean dust out that my fix ur prob also...

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Good thing my English teacher will never see that post. :whoa:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
No big deal.
Mostly just kidding.

However, if a post is absolutely non-readable a moderator will delete the post.

Enjoy the site.

mully

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom