FORK SEAL DRIVER FOR WP43mm FORKS(y2k KTM)

rcers

Jan 17, 2001
Does anybody have a fork seal driver for 43 mm forks on my y2k KTM (WP 43mm upside down)
What I am needing is the measurements(sketch) from a 43mm seal driver so I can make my own.
E-MAIL me at: rcers538@cs.com

ROADRACER

Oct 7, 2000
I'm not exactly sure on the 43mm, I have 50mm on my 99. I took the seals to my local NAPA auto parts store and found a piece of exhaust pipe that was the right size. I welded a tab on each side of the pipe and used that to drive the seals in and it worked fine.It was cheap and easy to make maybe it will work for you.

Mike, 99 EXC

Arizona_Jeff

Feb 6, 2001
Get a peice of pvc conduit that it the same inside diameter as the outside diameter as your fork tube. Get schedule 40 conduit it's the thick stuff.Then slice it length wise so you can open it up and clamp around your fork tube. Then slam away. Singletracker uses this idea and I believe he said he hose clamps it on just snug enough to aloow it to slide smoothly. If he see's this post he'll explaine it better. hope it works out for you! JEff

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
I made mine out of PVC as mentioned above. I took some grinding for the proper clearances but they work well. Cost me less than a buck.

Cameron

Top Bottom