1994WR250Chad

Mar 19, 2006
Well, I have researched a few threads...

Is anyone here on Oahu, Hawaii with the two tool I need to change my seals on my forks? I have a 1994 Yamaha WR250. Replacement seal are only 20$... The job is simple with the book as a guide. Are there any suggestions?

BACKGROUND:[/B]
I have taken my forks down to parade rest and was at a stand still when I needed the split fork driver and a Damper rod holder.

Heres the problem...
I don't see the need to spend $130 in tools or $125 in labor here in hawaii for 10 minutes of work. Although I am really at the point of having to do that.

I would even be willing to donate 40$ to borrow the tools long enough to complete the task.

Thanks!!

kimoajaj

Sep 7, 2004
I`m not 100% sure but if you ask me I`d say that you don`t need any of the tools.. .

After you have drained the oil and removed the spring, mount the fork horizontally in your bench clamp, then remove the dust seal and the circlip. Now you grab the outer fork and pull it HARD until the seals start to loosen. I`ve done this many times and it works everytime.
The only thing you have to pay attention to is the washer under the seal, in some cases it will be a little bent, but all you have to do is put it on an even surface and use a hammer to straighten it out.

I posted some pics of the "how to change fork seal" procedure in this thread:
http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=133110

Wellwell :)

Top Bottom