sixds

Mar 25, 2007
theres oil all over my front forks and my back shock, the fork seals are toast, right?

should i just get stock seals or aftermarket? how much would they cost?

and also, what kind of fork oil should i use?

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
1. Inspect your shock shaft and fork tubes for nick and scrapes.

2. Buy yourself some new seals (either OEM or Aftermarket are fine)

3. Buy new bushings as well

4. I use Bel Ray fork oil. Refer to your owners manual for the proper weight to use

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
MSR Makes seals, as well as many other companies.

Yes the rear shock is rebuildable. Just got mine rebuilt this week at MX-Tech since I don't have the tools or time this year (and they have the spring I need)

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
Yes, you can send it in to have it rebuilt. There are plenty of places available, so look around and decide which is best for you. I'm a bit biased towards mx-tech though so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I had both the forks and shock rebuilt and new springs installed for my fat butt. Mx-tech (they're sponsors here at the forums) did the work for me. They were done faster than I thought they'd be and the price wasn't bad either.

check out the mx-tech site and you'll see they can do just about anything you need done to your forks or shock.

www.mx-tech.com

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Since you're in Canada if you can avoid it do not send your stuff south for simple service work, If you are planning to go the whole nine yards and get them revamped to your specs then it may be worth the hassle. If you can't find someone local then consider Roy Borton of Too Tech Canada ( http://www.royborton.com/tootech/index.htm )as I know he does a ton of stuff for SK guys and has done our stuff for the past several seasons. As well Factory Connection has a Canadian branch in Quebec and I've heard good things about RMR http://www.rmrsuspensions.com/ as well.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
Do you have a Clymer Manual?

Do you have the correct tools? (the manual will tell you what tools you need)

If the answer to both is yes, then I say go for it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Top Bottom