huskey89

Jul 27, 2008
well i got the carb cleaned and that fixed that problem, next one.
I was out riding yesterday and when i got back i noticed that my right front fork was a bit oily. i know that this is a bad thing. Is it possible that i broke the seal when i loaded it in the truck using ratchet straps to compress the forks?
Also how big of a deal is this, dosent seem to hurt anything?
What does it cost to do this myself vs. having a dealer do it?
i also read of a quick fix by running film under the seals to clean them out, should i give this a try?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
huskey89 said:
well i got the carb cleaned and that fixed that problem, next one.
I was out riding yesterday and when i got back i noticed that my right front fork was a bit oily. i know that this is a bad thing. Is it possible that i broke the seal when i loaded it in the truck using ratchet straps to compress the forks?
Also how big of a deal is this, dosent seem to hurt anything?
What does it cost to do this myself vs. having a dealer do it?
i also read of a quick fix by running film under the seals to clean them out, should i give this a try?
The film trick works sometimes. It's worth a shot. Won't hurt anything. If you take the forks off, it should cost the same amout to have someone do it as it would to buy the tools to do it yourself. It's not difficult if you have the right tools.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Oil level is important for the fork to be able to perform. If it was on the other side it would be more dangerous as the oil can drip on the caliper and cause the front brake to not work.

huskey89

Jul 27, 2008
what does it cost to replace just the one, or should i do both? Also can i take it to any dirt bike dealer/shop or do i need to take it to a husquvarna dealership?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
huskey89 said:
what does it cost to replace just the one, or should i do both? Also can i take it to any dirt bike dealer/shop or do i need to take it to a husquvarna dealership?

Always do them in pairs.. Never just do one side.

It's painfully simple to do. Really, there's a tutorial floating around on here somewhere, step by step.

With what you have already done to this bike, you should be more than capable of handling this job.

Take your time and keep your work area clean, and it's really easy.

Top Bottom