Fork spring Spacer Question

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I read about these spacer things that have to go in the forks or something? Im going to buy some I believe 4.8 KG FRP springs... what do I have to do to make them work? by the way, Im going to give my forks to a dealer to do for me. isnt it something about pvc? thanks in advance for the help

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
so how long, and which size in diameter, do I have to put inside the forks with the springs?

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
relax, if its the FRP I know, there will be PVC pipe and instructions included. even a dealer can 'figger it out. The spring rate you mention resembles a rear spring, not fork.
Do you ask only to tell he dealer what to do? :) That works... :think:
What's the chances of the dealer putting back in your stock spacers or cutting the PVC with a hacksaw, creating an annoying click on every stroke? pretty good imo.
Unless you know your shop well, they may give this job to the kid sweeping floors for the summer. :(

Last edited:

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
oh ok thanks. thats awesome. I dont want to do it myself, because I dont have the right tools. (the spring holder)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…