Fork springs for a lightweight?

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I sold my '97 kdx200 a few months ago and now I'm looking for a new one (shoulda listened to my friends). Anyway, I didn't see the problem with the fork on the old bike. Everyone says it's way too soft or even dangerous? I DID find it a little soft for pushing the whoops pretty hard but overall thought it was decent. I weigh 155 with gear and would like to stiffen up the fork a little but probably don't need the standard (xr400) upgrade that everyone does. Is there an in-between that will work for my weight?--The bike will be raced (enduro c level)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The stock fork springs, at you weight, should be just fine. It's the dampening that sucks on the KDX forks. I'd give a set of gold valve emulators a try, they will make a work of difference.

mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
Check out frpoffroad online (spam killer won't let me actually put the address in.) This guy races KDXs comptetively and gives recommendations on set up. Go to KDXposed then to suspension setup and I think he says a .39kg spring for your weight. Check it out, I was just reading it and you may find it helpful as well.

Matt
00' KDX 200

yater

Nov 7, 2003
Well, I just bought my new kdx about 10 minutes ago. It's a 2000 and it seems to be pretty much brand new. It does have a gnarly pipe/power core silencer and aluminum bars and guards. Plus I got some free gear with it. The bike has ALL of the paint still on the frame-original tires (front still has tits). I'll check that link right now. I'm pretty fired up to get BACK on a kdx!! :yeehaw:

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
FRP is probably your best bet for setting up the KDX front suspension. Send Jeff your forks. He will install slightly stiffer springs and Gold Valve Emulators with his custom shim stack set-up. Change the fork oild etc. Decent price too.
Click HERE

Top Bottom