Forks in triple clamp- where?

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
Those of you w/ stock KDX forks...where do you set yours? Flush with top of triple clamp? A little above? A little below?

Curious....

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Mine are set about a cm above the clamps. Does two things positive: lowers bike in front end and makes it turn sharper--Does at least one thing bad: makes it less stable at speed and enhanses the need for a steering damper. Yes, fender will still clear front tire with this setting. Find what works for you! Remember to adjust sag in back to keep bike in balance when you change the front height! Cheers John

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I have mine at 10mm also, but I run .40 kg springs and more then recommended preload with 10wt oil. With the stock spring and the preload correct this may make the bike unstable?

tptp

Aug 16, 2005
kmccune
More easy to turn, unstable in high speed. Opposite if you lower the legs.
Your front ought to run higher than stock and compensate for high legs.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I run mine flush...I like the high speed stability. The KDX turns so good anyway that I don't have any problems at all with the front sticking in corners, etc. BTW, I never get headshake either.

syar

Nov 21, 2005
I have the forks touching the handle bars. They measure about an inch and a half above the tripple tree. I've also got a link that lowers the rear to an (approximate) equal measurement.

Syar

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
tptp said:
kmccune
More easy to turn, unstable in high speed. Opposite if you lower the legs.
Your front ought to run higher than stock and compensate for high legs.

Sorry I don't understand, is this advice or a question?

Top Bottom