Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
We have a '98 CR125 which we had lowered a few months back. Recently I noticed that if you accelerated so the forks 'uncompressed', when they came to the end of their travel they would feel like they hit metal. This is difficult to explain but suppose you stop the bike, put on the front brake and pull the handle bars up, the forks move up smoothly for a bit but then stop dead with a knock, unlike on my bike say where they just come up and stop gently as if they have ghit rubber or something. What is wrong, or is there nothing wrong and this is just a side effect of having them lowered?

I explained that pretty badly so say if you want me to explain it better...

Thanks,

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
It depends on how they were lowered inside. I would recommend sending them back to the suspension builder that did the work for inspection.

doc

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Well is it bad if the top out was disabled, or is it normal? It feels kind of weird as you ride around because the fronts knocks whenever you put the power on...

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Well it's not good.. Unless they have something out of the ordinary going on.. It's hard to say without seeing... It might be fine but I would look into it if it was my bike.

Jer

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Alright thanks, I am going to speak to the mechanic today about it, I'll let you know what he says...

Thanks,

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
The mechanic reckons the oil level could be too low. The forks seals were leaking for a while but I didn't think that much came out...
Any thoughts?

Top Bottom