Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a different, and better looking fork guard, to take the place of the boots on my 200. I want to get rid of the boots. I Have heard of some kind of neoprem fabric stuff that goes over, them and they look really really good, have you guys any ideas?

Chris

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
Lizard Skins for a dirt bike! I'm surprised they haven't thought of that yet.

You may be able to adapt the plastic fork sliders off a '96-'98 RM 250 to the KDX. One of those years is when they went to a conventional fork. The RM forks were larger diameter but you may be able to make something work.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You could try a RM numberplate from a bike with conventional forks; the fork guards are built into the numberplate. You'll need to install a set of wipers on you forks to keep dirt and sand away form your fork seals when removing the accordian boots.

David

POSyz

Apr 3, 2001
fork boots

The neoprine fork sleeves do exsist. My friend has them on his 96' kdx. I think they are either msr or summers racing peices. I can find out for sure if you need me to. They seem to work great. 100% water and dirt proof. Seals should last forever.

Troy

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
I have the SRC fork brace and you can see a pic of my bike on the readers rides in Just KDX. It is on the last page about half way down. It has a blue frame and says "1989 KDX" on the picture. It shows how th SRC set up looks and I really like them. Love the fork brace, too. Don't know how I rode so long without it! I can actually turn now!

Hope this helps.

Brenda

Top Bottom