canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Something new..has happened 3-4 times in the past two days.

I log in. My cp specified skin is shown, the top of the screen says 'Welcome canyncarvr' so I know I'm 'in.'

After responding to a thread and clicking 'post quick reply' I either get a 'not logged on' error or the attached error dialog box comes up. At this point everything I had posted is gone. Sure, I can log in again and go back to the thread I was in but after having spent ten minutes posting links and references to address the point of the thread I don't want to start it all over again.

I don't know how much information is needed...or not. I may have a separate window open on DRN that I'm not logged into. I don't think that's always been so....not sure about that.

I've taken to NOT clicking (specifically unclicking) the 'remember me' box. I've experimented with a number of different approaches to DRN for the purpose of watching for impact on junk email I receive. Maybe it's coincidence, but I get a LOT less crap in my email if DRN doesn't 'remember' me.

Any of that relevant? I don't know. Regardless, the above listed errors persist.

Thanks.
***edit**

Yes, I've deleted all cookies and restarted IE. More'n once. Otherwise it seems this is pretty much the same as this.

Yes, I did copy my last post before I clicked on 'submit'. Unfortunately, I also later pressed 'print screen' to save the error dialog. Dang...seems there is still clipbook around somewhere, isn't there?

Attachments

• DRN error.jpg
    DRN error.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 46

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Thank you.

I fix stuff for a living. Then I go home and deal with a broken dishwasher, washing machine, espresso machine, quad, bicycle, motorcycle, sink, vacuum cleaner, irrigation system, food freezer, house wiring, heat pump, well pump, stereo, television, VHS player etc. etc.

Most everything I approach from a 'What's wrong with this picture,' aspect.

I don't do that with DRN. It either works....or it don't.

I failed to remember the cookie problem from other than them being on the local PC.

I know you've brought the subject up before. Thanks for the reminder sans admonition.

It seems to be all better.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I spoke too soon or failed to knock on the appropriate wood.

It just happened agin.

THIS time I copied the post and did not overwrite it with the stroke of some other key.

I am so proud when my single brain cell actually remembers to do something!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Okiewan said:
when you cleared the cookies, did you shut all open ie windows and restart (ie)?

Yes. That is so.

I've attached something that maybe makes sense/is of import to you..maybe not.

I'm logged in (sez the 'welcome...' part in the corner), but I am disallowed access because I'm not registered.

Don't know how those two things could happen at the same time.

I'll do another round of cookie deletion, restart and such.

**edit**
Nope. Deleted DRN cookies, IE cookies, rebooted (cold boot) and I'm still not registered after I login. ...and I cannot register cuz I'm already registered.

Oh well. Some things just are.

Attachments

• DRN error.jpg
    DRN error.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You are aware that I put the "hoojoo" on you, aren't you?

:debil:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Well tha'r 'ya go. There is indeed an answer for everything.

No need to get antisemitic about it.......;)

Cheers.

**edit**
BTW, the whole thing seems to be related to a 'time-out' feature some place. If I leave 'remember me' clicked, I don't (haven't yet) see the repeated 'not logged in' or 'invalid thread' dialog box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom