Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
After posting some info for the first time a couple of things become important.. Hierarchy..
Year
Brand
Model designation..

E.g., 04HONDACRF450 or as 04KTM450SX.. I screwed mine up as you can see but this will give us a format, and way to make everything well organized.

I'm going to try to post a couple of bikes a week until we have caught up..

Talk to you soon..

BR,
Jer

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Jeremy:

do you want us to post the stock specs from our own bikes or do you have everything covered? the only reason i ask is that your specs look a lot more detailed than just the shim stacks.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
BC,
Thanks for the offer.. Your more than welcome to post info, in the format provided.. I'm sure our readers would welcome more info faster, and I'm not moving as fast as I like as I'm soo busy right now..

As for the info.. Just make sure the Title format is correct.

Then make sure you cover, springs, comp/rebound.. I'm not to bent on clicker stacks, but thats handy too.. We can allways go back and add... (End to end lenght, Shaft and wheel travel might be handy too.. ) I'm working on the Tony Foale software getting a linkage data base going.. That might be fun if we could figure out how to post that stuff up.. (As a note shaft travel is metal to metal, 100% bumper compression)

Just make sure the info is correct.. If it is not, or remotley suspect please don't post it.. I'm sure you can understand.. Thanks, I need help thats for sure.. Thats why I asked for mod help, I want to do this right, but I can't do it all myslef..

BR,
Jer

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Wow, I'm surprised at how much info is in the last posts from Jeremy (04'RM250, 04'450SX). This must be alot of work to get all this info. It would take me forever... My hat's off :thumb:

Anxious to see what we are gonna do with these specs.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Guys what we do with it is up to you.. I'm going to provide some framework, using DRN as a fondation.. This won't cost you anything, and the potential for very good compliation of information is here with a very qualified readership..

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Very,very cool. :)

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
I would like to here from the riders that own these models as posted, and get there likes and dislikes in terms of the suspension. If this is possible

Russ

AARONA

Apr 11, 2003
Info on 04 KX 250 suspension

Jeremy,

I have a 04 KX250 and am interested in the suspension. Will you be posting information on that model and year?

Thanks,
Aaron

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
AARONA im sure we can pull you that one up pretty soon I just wrapped one up but didnt spec out Where do you live in Alaska ? my sister lives in Anchorage.Very nice up there and people are friendly. Do you ever get to the MX park by the airbase, that track was pretty kool I borrowed a bike a few years back and did a race there in like 1991. That was a long time ago though . Ill bet youve got kindof a short riding season there but actually with all the daylight in the summer I guess you could really get your time in EH?

AARONA

Apr 11, 2003
Alaska Motocross

I live in Palmer, about 40 minutes away. The Anchorage track, Kincaid Park, is almost thawed out. People are still up in the mountains riding snowmachines. There are tracks in Fairbanks, Palmer, and Kenai. They all have local race series and there is a State Championship Series too. The seasom is from Mid April till the end of September. The riding up here is awesome. Grassroots would be the best way to describe it. Really, really cool. No one takes it too serious. We have a few hot shots, but they are trying out the Canadien Nationals this year. There are miles and miles of trails, old mining roads, and gravel pits. Coming from California, I think this is how it "used to be". If you ever get a chance, come back and lets go ride!
Our clubs website: http://www.mxalaska.com/

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Kool ill check out your site . Did you ever go riding in the woods and see POPPA PILGRIM .? My brother in law works for the park service and had to do some work near their homestead . Its pretty crazy whats going on up there . I learned all about it while up there at Thanksgiving at a show at the Fly By Night Club, those guys are looney, You know the club in Anchorage where the plane is stck halfway in the side of the building . You should check it out, its a funny little show around thanksgiving every year.Kenai is nice , I went fishing a few times there caught some big Halibut. Jeremy Wilkeys Uncle owns a lumber yard/hardware store in Kenai . I doubt ill get up there to ride but you never know ...

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Jeremy,

I was going to play around with my '03 crf suspension for racing in the woods. Would these valving specs('04crx 250) work in my bike or would they be to soft for the heavier 450? Thanks and is there any other big differences I should note?

Thanks,

Mark

Top Bottom