Fouling plugs reason might be fixed?

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
i have a 01 rm 125 i just had a thread up a week or two ago on fouling plugs everyride, i was told that i needed to get my carb jetted try new mixing ratio check crank seal, ride it harder and so on, i orded 2 new pipes a FMF powercore2 and and a fmf sst expansion chamber, i put them both on this morning and had amazing power, i can rev it higher now and since the new plug i put in and the pipes i havent fouled a plug yet i was going through plugs everyride before, i have only ridden twice on the new plug and the pipes do you think the pipes have sold my problem of going through plugs, will i not have to take it to the mechanic anymore to get it jetted?? or will the problem come back and i will need to get it jetted? feedback please

Boonie770

Jan 2, 2006
since you feel it is running better now take your plug back out and look at it. White or tan is pushing on the lean side. Tan to a darker brown is best.....

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
ok i will check it will probably be black becuase when i was putting in the new plugs and not even riding on them and taking them out they would be black, but yes i will check the plug thanks.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Changing the pipe and/or silencer will effect the jetting. It sounds like that in this case it effected it in the right direction for you.

It would be prudent to do a "plug reading" to establish if the jetting is proper or not. Too rich and it runs poorly, too lean and you can blow the engine.

As others have suggested, do a search on plugs + jetting and you will find some very descriptive posts on how to do that.

Rod

divineaspex

Jun 3, 2007
I was fouling mad plugs a few days ago.......I just switched to 40:1 gas, and started running it harder. lol @ plugs forcing me to stop riding like a puss, but it worked.

Top Bottom