KX04

May 29, 2005
i have my 2004 kx 125 jetted at 400 main 35 piolet 1st from the top on the needle clip (leanest setting) 1.5 out on air screw i mix castor 927 @ 32:1

i never really had a bad fouling problem when i had my 410 main jet in it with the same settings for the other jets but i knew the main was rich because if you go to full throttle and let off it would bog and sometimes stall, well i went to the 400 main and it got rid of that and the power is a little better but now as soon as i le of the gas and put for like 20 sec right when i go back on the gas it coughs like its foulin the plug then it will clean out, but if i am in gear with the clutch in and i rev it up like at the starting line bam it fouls when i pull the plug is really wet but it is a good color (light brown)
i am thinking that my float is high and gas is running in the engine

i hate this carb on this bike the float always get hung up and it leaks out the bottom i think this carb is very picky

id rather work this out with jetting in sted of maybe going to 40:1 or changing oil
i love this castor 927 i just wish it would burn i little cleaner

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Your running almost the same spec's I do expect I run the needle in the 2nd clip, These are my settings I'd had awesome luck with. #35 pilot stock needle 2nd clip position, #400 main and the air screw at 1.5 turns out. I have not fouled a plug in my bike, but I also run the stock expensive NGK racing plug. I have easy 60 hrs on the current plug in my bike, Have had no issue's with it fouling out, and I run klotz supertechni plate oil. It's not fully synthetic it's part castor oil, Typically they don't burn as clean as full synthetic. Btw I mix my gas at 40:1 there's nothing wrong with that at all, I think you might be right about checking the float hieght but I've haven't had that issue with my carb.

It could possibly be that you just went to lean and now your getting a lean bog, I think my bike would run to lean if I had the clip position in #1

KX04

May 29, 2005
yeah i messed with the float it was little high now it does have a lean bog but i think its from being at the 1st clip insted of second
i think i might switch to maxxima fomula k2 which is suposed to burn cleaner

KX04

May 29, 2005
i have the sevice manual too thanks anyway

but i think something is screwy with my carb because when it is set to the manual specs it overflows i gave up messin with is a while back and i took the carb to a mecanic and he set the float height to the manuals specs to and it still overflowed so now i just have to play around untill i can keep it from over flowing

KX04

May 29, 2005
im at really low elevation i think like somewhere around 750 - 1000 ft

But i have played around with my jetting and 400#Main 35#Piolet 1.5 out on air screw and the 1st clip pos on the needle works the best for me it really relped my bike out better throttle response and better overalpower

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Round sea level have gotten up to 4500 ft and my spec's run fine in all sorts of temps and weather conditions the only difference in my spec's is I have the clip on #2 setting.

Ryan31783

Jun 6, 2005
I just got mine set up last night: 35 with 2.5 turns out, clip on the top space, 380 main at about 57-5800 feet ... running a br8es plug, but it may be a little hot edit: just tried BR9ES and it's a bit more brown on the tip ...didn't cut it apart though

Last edited:
Top Bottom