bimmernate

Jun 30, 2006
It is a 1997 Honda CR125, all the add says is pro circuit and i dont know what that means, and it has new tires.

I posted earlier with my info but I am 6'2'' and 210 pounds. I think this would be a good first bike.

What do you think?

Going for 1000 dollars. Right in my range.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pro Circuit is just a pipe, which doesn't add to the value of the bike.

Jun 5, 2006
Uh, well it's fairly reliable, but it is a motocross bike so you'll have to keep on maintence. You need to look at the bike before you buy it and ride it if that's all the description u have.

cr125freak

Jul 11, 2005
well thats the last year before the aluminum frame. From what I have heard and read on them its supposed to be pretty nice. And again form what i've heard he frame is the best setup they had before the aluminum... And I believe the pro circuit pipe would raise the value since it raises the power... ps if that doesnt work out i have heard a lot of bad remarks against the 98 so stray away form them

bimmernate

Jun 30, 2006
robwbright said:
Where you at? There's a 2001 RM125 in Lexington, KY with new crank bearing and new top end for $995

Im in Dayton OH, a drive to Lexington is not out of the question, but I dont have a way to get it back easily.

Do you knwo much about the bike?

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
dont wast you money on a 125
i had the same bike -- great bike , but there a race bike a,d most are built for full throttle riding,and no bottem end
do you like to have power to climb hills, and play around right off the line
trhe reson i said this is im 6.1 and weigh a little more than you, and there just like a toy!!-- i think you would be so much happier on a 250
ride it and see i guess
i ride a 500 so even a 250 is like a toy
yea you can do motor work,and change sprockets. but what do you really want
and that will cost a lot
the pipe and silencer is like 250.oo modification
i still have a set of forks for it if you do buy it lol

bimmernate

Jun 30, 2006
Well I was sort of worried about that actually, I havent ridden a ton and this is my first bike, i dont want to outgrow the thing. one of my goals with it is to be able to ride on some dunes up by the great lakes...maybe a 125 wouldnt be a great choice for those then?

Jun 5, 2006
A 250 would be better for basically everything. It's got more low end for woods and better power for dunes. 125's can be ridden by small people, like me (5'7", 112 pounds) While it'll still be able to pull you along pretty well, with your weight the low end will be extremely horrible, much worse so than if i rode it. If you take it easy on a 250 for a while, i'd say get that instead.

bhamner

Jul 9, 2006
Xtremesports445 said:
A 250 would be better for basically everything. It's got more low end for woods and better power for dunes. 125's can be ridden by small people, like me (5'7", 112 pounds) While it'll still be able to pull you along pretty well, with your weight the low end will be extremely horrible, much worse so than if i rode it. If you take it easy on a 250 for a while, i'd say get that instead.

I agree. I don't think you'll be very happy with a 125. At your wieght, you'd have to stay on the gas all the time.

I'd go for a 250.

bikesnob

Jul 5, 2006
Xtremesports445 said:

DITTO

Top Bottom