found a deal on a 250MXC, got questions...

tracetrimble

Oct 20, 2005
Found what looks like a good deal on an 01 250MXC (2 stroke): http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/205007084.html

(dibs, by the way ;) )

I'm wondering what if anything I'd need to do to set it up for the technical, rocky singletrack riding we do. I ran a few searches here, and know the EXC is better for tight stuff. I'd be coming from a 87 RM250, though, so I have a strong feeling that both would be a huge improvement.

Can the stator on the M run a light? I'm 200lbs without gear, so the stiffer stock suspension would probably be a plus. Is the flywheel weight on the M enough?

If I did have to split the cases someday, anyone know how interchangeable the tranny parts are between the two?

How different is the linkage-less rear suspension going to feel on trails? Any immediate changes I'd need to make?

tracetrimble

Oct 20, 2005
Well, I talked to the guy, and he said the only problem he's aware of is the oil fill plug hole threads are stripped. He also said the plug is brass, but I've never seen anything but rubber plugs... :-?

I looked at some fiche, and it looks like this is in the clutch cover. Problem is it says it's an unknown part.

The part number I'm looking at is 54630101098. Any help?

Top Bottom