Nov 25, 2006
I just saw a really nice 2000 suzuki rm250. Would this be a good be for me to start motocrossing? My kdx 200 is not fun at the track after you've flatlanded some triples. I was at the local pits with a pal, who has a yz250f, and i loved that thing, suspension was great even though set up for 140lb guy! I weigh 210

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
go to barnes and noble or boarders (if you have them) and read the Dirt Riders Buyers Guide

they got something special on getting a used bike, i don't know enough to help you though, sorry

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
4thGearAndPinned said:
I just want to know if this would be a smart buy. 1800$ is pretty much what i wanted to spend so is this a good or bad bike for starting mx?

i rode my buddies 2000 RM250 on a MX track for about 30 min., for me, that thing was heavy, but very powerful, everytime i touched the throttle, it jerked. it had superb throttle response, but i didnt get used to it enough to take it off some big jumps, i did do tabletops though and it soaked it up pretty well :nod: . i weigh 115-120lbs., so it probably wont feel as much like a monster to me as it did to you. however, on evilbay and cycletrader.com, there are a lot of 250 smokers out there that are around that price range but a lot newer. 04' was a big year for the dirt bike world, so i might consider buying a used 04' KX or RM250, CR's dont have the power the others do, and KTM and YZ are strictly race bikes, not ideal for a beginner MX'er, KTM's and YZ's are also the most expensive. look around, and tell us what you find :nod: :ride: .

Top Bottom