wali2408

Aug 8, 2008
I have a yz125 now and after riding at some trails i realized it doesnt have enough power for me i am 6'2 190lbs. I have decided to buy a new bike but im not sure what to get. I was thinking of a 250 two stroke, 250 four stroke or a 450. I just need something with some bottom and mid range power. i have heard of people blowing up four strokes and spending $1500 fixing them and since i am buying used i want to avoid that. I was just wondering what you guys thought would be a good bike for me and if it is common to rebuilt used four strokes and some other things i might run into. Also if you could give me some advice on buying used.

pncstod

Jun 8, 2008
I had a yzz450f and decided to swap it foir a yz 250 2 stroke. The repair bills are one of the reasons i decided to switch. The other is the fact that i like the way the 2 strokes run. They are a little more forgiving on the bottom with a nice explosive mid to top end. The 450's are insane on the bottom with less on the top. The 450's (my opinion) have too much on the bottom for my style of riding. I would rather have the mid to top end explosiveness than an uncontrolable bottom end. These are just my opinions and i'm sure others with much more mx experience would have different opinions than me. Just thought i would share mine with you....If you have the opportunity ride a 450 and a 250 two stroke and make your final judgement. I know that a 250 4 stroke is way to flat on the power department for me as well as a 125 two stroker....

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I really love the never ending bottom end of the 450..

They are also really nice when you need to dig a new trench in the yard for a sprinkler system or something like that.. ;)

May 10, 2007
i would be wary of any used 4T though. the maintenance is so extensive on them and most people ignore most of it so you could be buying a time bomb. or you could get lucky and buy a bike that the owner did all the maintenance to the letter and its in perfect condition enginewise.

So I'll ask ya.... feelin' lucky punk?

Top Bottom