gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Forgive me if this is redundant. It's possible I may have already missed a discussion on this, but did anyone else know that Fox will be coming out with gear for women in the Fall? I was just down at our local dealer and he asked if I would be interested in it when it came out. He'll stock some of the items if there is enough interest and it seems like there was. I don't really have a problem fitting into the men's gear but I'm sure this is good news for most women riders. :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
It's about time a major player took note that women are also out there doing it. (If you missed the discussion, so did I, first I've heard of it - cheers).

Whilst I think it's cool, I'll wait till I see the product. If they think I'm going to wear casual gear while riding they can think again. If it is "proper riding gear", I wonder what sort of cut they'll have used. (wonder how long till it heads over here, we still only have the Lady Proton with no sign of the Fusion ever coming here). So please keep us updated when you get to see it, I can always go hassle a supplier for stuff :p

You got any idea what they're going to do? Tops are generic so far as I'm concerned, it's just the pants that don't fit - hmm maybe tops with built in bras? hehehe

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I heard rumors it was MSR who was going to jump in with women's gear. I wouldn't mind seeing gloves that fit better and maybe a kidney belt too--all the ones I've had rub against my hip bones. No matter how I wiggle them around, they end up there. Tried MSR, EVS and Fox. No luck. Boots someday too--though that's probably too expensive a product to develop for what's still a specialty market.

Michelle, how hard would it be for you to send $$ over here and we send you a chest protector?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Good find, Gospeed! Sounds like you got the skinny first. It would be nice if Fox and/or MSR came out with a line of RIDING gear for women. I think that they would be able to sell just as much riding gear as they do women's casual gear.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
SHARLA
AT THIS POINT ITS HARD TO SAY WHEN THEY WILL COME OUT WITH WOMEN'S
RIDING GEAR, WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE CATALOG COMES OUT.
REGARDS
FOX RACING

This is what Fox customer service replied to my email. I am waiting with bated breath for a return call from the local Fox rep--who is, according to his wife, "very excited" about all the new stuff he just saw at a recent company meeting in California. We'll see. Hopefully they make it in orange!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Not asking for much, are ya Sharla? First you want Women's gear, THEN you want it in Orange! ;)

Don't worry, if it's like all other women's clothing, it will be made more cheaply and we'll be charged more for it than comparable men's clothing.

Hmm... :think

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I know I won't be the ONLY one ordering an orange set! ;) maybe it will fit over my RS-6. My old 360s don't.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Wow, I thought for sure I must have missed the boat on this one. I'm never the first to know anything around here. ;)

When the guy at the local dealer asked if I would be interested in trying it out I said sure, as long as it's not in pink or purple!! He said he was pretty sure it was going to be silver and black. That's not to say that they won't come out with a few color combos though.

Michelle, if this stuffdoes indeed come out in the fall and you can't get it over there, just let me know if you're interested and I'll send you what you want. :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Ditto bbbom! Even the mens riding pants are too short for my liking. It would be nice it they make a "tall" size or something like that without having to get a size 40 or something! :)

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Wow....I want some women's ventilated gear in green please!!!!!

*Hey but when you're tall you can ride killer bikes like MXC200s and CR500s and touch the ground!!!!*

wizard69

May 3, 2001
hey ladies I know this is off this subjuct but how did you all get started riding I wan't my girlfriend to ride but she says my bike is to big I wan't her to ride help!!!

anyhow my fox pants are to short they come up to my shins but they fit right in the rear area isn't that weird and I always thought I was rather big boned
I'm5'6 and 130 about .
The knees on my pants are in the right place but it's like these pan'ts are make for someone with 3inch shins,myboots cover the shortnes so it's all good anyone else have fox 180 that do this they are size 28 and I am confused.
goodday yall:)

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Wow, a motorcycle clothing line with women in mind. Sounds good to me!

firecracker, I have a feeling you're right about not being the only one ordering an orange set. ;) I think black & orange is a great color combo! :cool:

gospeedracer & bbbom, I wish I had your problem of pants being too short. It sucks being 5'2 and wanting to ride a full-size bike.

Thanks for the info gsr!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
As long as they use some common sense on color choices. I don't want pink or pastel color riding gear. They will probably come up with something called "passion purple" or something rediculous like that. As long as it is serious and well made gear, then I'm all for it.

Bbbom and GSR- be thankful for your height. My riding pants my be plenty long but at 5'3", I can't ride the big bikes. :( :(

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by CNM
As long as they use some common sense on color choices. I don't want pink or pastel color riding gear. They will probably come up with something called "passion purple" or something rediculous like that. As long as it is serious and well made gear, then I'm all for it.

Bbbom and GSR- be thankful for your height. My riding pants my be plenty long but at 5'3", I can't ride the big bikes. :( :(

Hear, hear. Make the gear fit gender specific, but the not the color.

Neely, yes you CAN ride the big bikes. KTMster and I (and others) are living proof. Suspension modification helps a lot. Heck, riding an XR200, you're almost there. You can handle the weight already, you just need to adapt to a slightly taller seat.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by LoriKTM

Neely, yes you CAN ride the big bikes. KTMster and I (and others) are living proof. Suspension modification helps a lot. Heck, riding an XR200, you're almost there. You can handle the weight already, you just need to adapt to a slightly taller seat.

Ditto!

Neely, my bike is probably shorter than your XR200. I had an inch shaved off the seat foam, and with the original seat cover put back on you cannot tell. (Just make sure you have a professional do it.) I had the suspension set up for me and lowered which took off almost another two inches. I've lowered the front forks, and I had the subframe cut down.

You really CAN ride any bike you want with a few mods. Don't let your height discourage you!!! :)

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Thanks for the encouragement!:) I ride Johns KDX220 whenever I can. I can acutally ride his bike faster than mine (in some situations) but in tighter woods, I struggle with the height difference (even though it's only about 2.5" taller than my XR). I've also never ridden the KDX in a race so I'm sure it would be more of a handful when I get tired.

I had hoped he would have a new ride by now and I could start modifying the KDX for me, since he doesn't plan to sell it. That hasn't happened so far and with him being 6' tall, I can't do much with him still riding it. My plan is to learn to ride it competently and then look at getting something else but there is no time frame for getting another bike. It's just something I'd like to do in the future. Again, thanks for the advice and encouragment . I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting stories when I start riding it more. :eek: :eek:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Neely--good to see you looking at bigger bikes. I was totally intimidated by them at first but am finally STARTING to feel comfortable on mine. Once you make the switch, you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it!

Mrs. Vixen--check your private messages. :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Neely, I second Sharla's comment about bigger bikes. (still get nervous riding someone else's just in case I do something dumb as per normal).
I saw my old 80 earlier this year, so went up & stood up against it, turned around and commented "it's way too small". I've also ridden an 80 occasionally (getting it started, helping out my friend's son) and there's no way I could go back.

What are you planning to do to John's KDX when he finally gets another bike?

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Michelle,

I guess the first thing I would do is suspension mods and probably take a little foam off the seat. After that, something with the front forks. I've found that just lowering them can cause head shake. I'm not sure what my options would be but I would definately do something. Then probably an easy pull clutch (tendonitis in both wrists) because I need it to pull as easy as possible. Maybe a little engine work to help the hill climbing. In Alabama, everywhere we ride is pretty hilly and rocky. That's about all right off the top of my head. Again, I don't know when I'll even get to do anything. Just waiting on John. Besides, I keep him pretty busy with my XR. I haven't broken anything in several rides now. I bet he's getting bored!;) ;)

A good day riding is when we don't have to fix anything on the bike. Yes, I do help maintain my bike. I just leave the really complicated stuff to him.

Top Bottom