ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
I really used to like fox, but I'm starting to get a bit mad at them. I bought a pair of fox gloves at a local honda dealer near my place on july 24th this year. I wore these gloves one day(very eassy riding, not racing), and my left glove started falling apart. So I brought the gloves back, cleaner than new on the 22 of august(I know, I just didn't have the time to bring them back before). Well I'm still waiting to get news of whats happening with my gloves. I paid 70$ for them (canadian with taxes). I wouldn't mind having to get a new pair if I at least had gotten a decent riding season out of them, But I really only wore them once. When I call the dealership, all they say is that the gloves were sent back to fox and that they can't do anything for me cause fox hasen't given them an answer yet. Riding season is over here now, and I had to finish it without gloves cause, well.. I'm broke and cant afford a 70$ pair of gloves everytime I go ride. So I'm wondering what I can do to get another pair, or at least get my old pair back if they dont pass under guarantee(I don't see why they wouldn't, they looked brand new if it weren't for the left one coming apart.) I don't know who to blame anymore, or what to do. Seem's I should stick to yamaha dealers, at least I never had a bad experience in one. Everytime I walk into a honda dealership(no matter wich one), everyone looks like their in a bad mood and you can't even get decent service, nevermind getting them to honnor a guarantee(I know gloves aren't really guaranteed, but I'm pretty sure they should last more than one ride).

Eric :(

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I would start by requesting the dealer give you contact information for the Fox representative so that you can follow this matter up with Fox. My guess is the dealer either didn't follow up on the matter or isn't at least putting the matter in the forefront with their representative.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i had a pair of fox 360 pants that the seams in the knee started coming apart after about a year of riding. my dealer (honda) sent them back and i got a new pair free of charge. i didn't even have to pay shipping.

of course this doesn't help you any. i agree with chili. you do the follow up.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Have you sent any emails too FOX's customer service?? It took FOX about 6 weeks too fix a pair of boots that had tore after a month, basically they stitched them up.. Still had them for 6 weeks, i could of took them too a boot shop and had them fixed myself.. Not too mention i had too pay $20 too have them shipped when FOX is about a half hour from my house :|

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I bought my first pair of Fox pants (180) and they ripped on the first ride. Last thing i will buy from Fox. I'm sticking with my MSR and Moose gear. Only time they ripped is when Gomer's wife cut them off of me. ;) Thanks Lori! :)

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
Allright, I'll call up the dealer on monday and get the fox phone number from them. Than I'll call up fox and explain it to them. Thanks guys.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Eric,

I bought the fox 360 vented pants over 2 years ago and they've held up well and under many spills. No complaints at all for the pants. The 'dirtpaws' I bought lasted about one season or less. They just ripped on the seam of a finger. I think it stinks that mx wear sometimes falls apart. It would have been different if they ripped during a wipeout, but it doesn't look like that's what happened.

Just an alternative. I've found that a lot of the 'mechanixwear' gloves are built well and can take a lot of abuse. I have a pair now that are holding out nicely. Most are similar to mx gloves (leather on the grip, nylon on the back, nice fit). I check out different models when I hit a hardwear  :) dept. and there are quite a few models out there, some that would probably match your other gear. They are also generally cheaper, (maybe 12 to 17 dollars American), especially since they are sometimes on clearance.

Joe Chief 

Last edited:
Top Bottom