Al E

May 26, 2000
Does anyone know if Fox Valley Off Road's trials will be open on Saturday the 26th?
I haven't called yet but since the weather is so nice I was thinking of going out to ride there.

Can anyone give some information on the trails?
I haven't been there yet.

Thanks
Al E

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
It will likely be open. You can check on megacross.com (under fox valley offroad). Last I heard he was going to be open weekends from 9:00 - 4:30 (or so). Trails are good - a little bit of everything plus a l moto/sx track. ATV's and bikes welcome.

Don't be surprised if it is muddy from the thaw and snow.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I talked to wardy last night. They will be open for sure. I think it's a little damp - but not muddy. In northern IL we only had about 2 inches of snow early last week (while southern IL got hit with like 4-5 inches) :eek: If you want more info send wardy and email - wardy@megacross.com or call the track phone - 815-431-9913

Last time we rode was at Fox Valley - nice place. Lots of trails and a little practice track (with some sand).

We'll be riding all this weekend :) Our practice track is prefect right now - nice and tacky (all this darn wind and it'll probably be bone dry by tomorrow).

Al E

May 26, 2000
Started out not too bad at 9:00 in the morning, ground still frozen.
Shortly after that the mud turned to grease on most of the trails except for what appeared to be a south facing hillside which was fairly decent.

Quite a few ATV's out and a few bikes, my bike ended up with about 80 pounds of mud on it.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
AlE, were you there on saturday? Sunday was good, considering the month.

sspmx400, I put a ride report int the ride report forum.

The winter hours are sat/sun 9-430
if no one shows by noon , they close, so if the weather is questionable, call
815-431-9913 or 815-539-9021

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Hey AL,

that must have been Sunday. we normally have like 2 bikes to each 4-wheeler but last sunday it was 1-1 ratio, actually like ten more bikes. As the day went on it looked to be drying well, but man for January who would have guessed that it would be Sweat Shirt weather! We got a good day of work in on the track today, course its suppose to rain/snow all week!
I bet that DRZ gets a little heavy with the way that mud was stickin!
Walt has it right, someone is there EVERY sat & Sun., if no one shows before noon, then we close. Its been 10 degrees and lite snow, but some always seems to want to ride. Even if its one guy we stay. Down by the track, its out of the wind so it can be cold but nice, did that alot this winter!

hope ya had a good time, and hey you can keep the mud!! :cool:

wardy

Al E

May 26, 2000
Wardy
It was on Saturday that I was down, I left about 12:30 after about 3 hours of riding.

I was thinking I may just let the mud dry on the bike and then bring the bike back down in a few weeks and ride enough to shake the mud back off.

Al E

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom