Freak accident!! Fellow rider hurt.

94KX250

Jun 28, 2002
One of our fellow members was hurt last Thursday night the 18th. MILK_KX250 (Darren) which some of you met during mini dirt week at Cooperland was badly hurt while practicing at our local MX track on SE 59th here in OKC. He was rolling a double that has claimed more than a few riders and hospital bills. This double is positioned about 15 feet from a nasty hairpin turn. He rolled the first hump and got on the gas to jump the second one. Apparently he was in first and thought he was in second and the bike just rocketed off the top and went straight up. He ejected off the back and landed on his left leg. The impact fractured his femur right where it joins the hip. It also dislocated his left elbow. He was in surgery for about 5-7 hours. He now has a 15 inch metal rod in his leg attached with screws. He is currently still in the hospital and expected to get out sometime this week. I was not there to see the accident but I have talked to his wife and friends. Darren is a very capable rider and the way he wrecked should have never done all of this. It just go shows to show how much we are not in control of our lives sometimes. Darren is in good spirits and is ready to recover and get back in the dirt world. I am sure he will have the support and best wishes from you all.

Thank you and everyone please be safe!!!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
We're a bigger family, so it's more likely to hear about things like that.

I mean, I bet you never thought you'd have a family member like Truespode!! :eek: (or even worse, one that used to drive a Gremlin and like it!!!!)

Darren, please let us know when you get back online.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Milk - hope you heal up well, I've got a similar break/plate/pin in my left femur. Work HARD at PT and you'll be back on the bike in 3 months.

Good luck.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Very sorry hear this Darren, enjoyed meeting you at C'land. The picture of me you uploaded is now my background, so I feel like I'm hot stuff. Get well soon, man. On the positive side, your posts have been good, so more to read on DRN.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
damn! we're getting hit hard around here. hang in there milky. pretty soon we will all be telling our injury reports instead of ride reports. i find out tomorrow if i get any rods or pins, then we can compare. :ugg:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sorry to hear that Milk - Get well soon. Is this the double that is coming towards the concession stand? The one that Reyneard is the ONLY one who actually does it? Great big deep pit between the two with the corner kinda in the middle?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Milk! :( What bummage! I am sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you get back at it very soon. I guess once you get out of the hospital, we'll be seeing more of you here. :)

Get Well Soon!!!!!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Dooode,
Get well soon. :( As an after thought you can tell me all about it over a cold one and AOL IM :) :) :)
As always my prayers are with you and the family.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
That's sad to hear, get well wishes from the whole SMB crew.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Any word from the Milk houshold yet? How is he doing?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
All is somewhat right in the world again ;) I got a PM from Milk so atleast he is well enough to prop himself up infront of the keyboard!

Whoo Hooo! Godspeed Milk! While I am out getting high on the pre-mix this weekend I'll take a snort for Ya! :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
thanks to all who have wished me well and had me in their. prfayers. im still in the hosp now with a laptop and dial up :( , but im going to post the story today about my wreck and injuries

thanks to all once again

Milk Darren

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You're *still* there?!?

(You know, after the second day most insurance companies will pay for the sponge bath!)

On second thought, with your luck, your nurse will look like XRPredator's big sister. :o

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
he must have been riding crazy, I have been riding all my life and the only thing I've ever done is, is, well break my back in 2 places both my wrist and a couple of ribs, well I guess we all have to be carefull, I hope he gets better soon.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Duneman
he must have been riding crazy

Actually according to Darrens report it sounds like the crash was just as this thread stated a "Freak Accident", CLICK HERE
, I've talked to Darren, AKA Milk, and he seems like a copetent and skilled rider.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom