Fredette 21# KDX Fork springs for sale

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Fredette 21# fork springs for 95-01 200/220 KDX. Like new bought in April 2001. 350 miles on them - went with stiffer spring from Jer Wilkey so these are up for grabs $40 + ship. Jer said they were in great shape when he pulled them out. e-mail for information. fthompson1@home.com

RADMAN

Jun 20, 2001
Just curious why you went with a stiffer spring??? Type of riding?? Weight??
I am 190 would your Fredette Springs work for me???

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Ya Fred, why did ya toss the 21# wonder springs???? I thought those worked for everybody that ever owned a KDX??? :scream:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I had Jer Wilkey do my boingers and he changed to a 40kg spring, I thought they were fine but that's what he recommended. I weigh 190. They will work best for anyone that weight between 150 and 185

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Suspension is the anme of the game

Frankly, I'm a little amazed at how many KDX owners ignore their suspension for engine mods. The MX Tech treatment will make you faster no doubt about it. It really helped me and I can go faster with less effort now. I only have a Rev pipe and airbox mod on my bike and I am happy with the amount of speed it can generate. I do confess that I have some Boysen reeds to install but the biggest improvments have been the MX tech and then the Rev pipe. Having a fast bike you can't control just means hitting things harder. I am impresed with the new re-valve and font fork springs. The bike steers better, enters corners smoother and leaves them faster. Nasty trail conditions will not throw you about like on the stock bike. It IS NOT CHEAP though so be warned. I feel the bike is safer too.

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
MX Tech

Can I ask how much it costed you? Did you do anything with the shock or just the fork? I weigh 170 do you think that the 21# springs would make that much difference on my 99 kdx? How hard is it to perform a spring swap? Thanks.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Hi KDXDan

Yes installing an appropriate rate spring in your KDX makes that much difference. The stock system is out of balance placing much too much weight on the front end and unweighting the rear of the bike for effective turning etc. Though the suspension is much like the engine in that there are different stages of improvement and cost associated with them balancing the suspension front to rear is certainly stage one in my opinion. For many people that means installing appropriate rate fork springs.

Stage two for many people would be to upgrade the fork's valving, not simply reconfiguring the stock valve but installing a new more modern system all together.

At 170 lbs you would certainly see a significant improvement in the way your bike handles with the 0.40kg/mm springs being offered here. Are they the ideal rate for you? That's for someone with more suspension expertise than me to answer but they'd certainly be close if not bang on. You'll likely be looking at either a 0.40 or 0.41kg/mm springs.

David

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
Spring Swap

Canadian Dave,
Thanks for the quick reply. How hard is it to do a spring swap? If I go the next step and get, say gold valves installed can I still use the same springs? Is it worth spending $20 more for new springs from Fredette?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: MX Tech

Originally posted by KDXDan
Can I ask how much it costed you? Did you do anything with the shock or just the fork? I weigh 170 do you think that the 21# springs would make that much difference on my 99 kdx? How hard is it to perform a spring swap? Thanks.

I revalved the front and rear, changed front springs from 21# to .40kg and with that they changed some busings, oil and seals too. Revalve is $245 per end plus any additional parts or springs. They guarantee their work and will keep it updatd if you send them back for oil changes and inspections each season.

Top Bottom